Guess what I'm growing .......

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That's it :D
This is the perforate one, you can hold a leaf up to the sunlight and see little 'holes', really more pockets of oily stuff.
Smells lovely, a reall hoverfly attractant, gives some beautiful dyes as well as a calming herb of some repute.

1, Tansy, it will grow much taller, and has spreads of bright yellow button shaped flowers.
2, Comfrey, this is the native to the north one, symphytum tuberosum. Not as prickly, much nicer to use if not as pretty in flower.
3, WIld oregano, tasty and loved by bees.
4, Lungwort, and the feathery one is Mugwort.
5, Chamomille
6, Lady's bedstraw, a dye and a rennet for cheese too. It also smells good in pot pourri.
7, Heartsease in flower, it's a weed in my garden, but it's a good one Lavender, rosemary, thyme, Ladies Mantle and Weld.
8, Woad, this is bi annual plant. The one in flower is year two and it will set black drooping seeds.
10, St. John's Wort, hypericum perforatum.
11, Soapwort, known as Bouncing Bet. Creates a lather used for washing linens and woollens.
12, Wood Millet, grows in shade, thrives in Ancient Woodlands and tastes like mini flax seeds/ sunflower seeds.

cheers,
Mary

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Damn, I missed it. I'm gonna do one of these myself. Watch this space next week. :)

(PS: You're garden is lovely Mary. One thing though, where's the tattie patch. ;) )

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yeaah :D Nicely done :D
It's a lovely bush, still quite small, with a more prostrate habit than the usual ones. The fruits, Aphrodite's apples, are just as lovely though :cool:
A small bowlful of them will perfume a room with a sweet scent. Quite lovely.

Thanks Rob :D The spuds grow in the 'thrown away by my neighbours' original green recycling boxes :D
They're a bit slow this year.

1, Tansy, it will grow much taller, and has spreads of bright yellow button shaped flowers.
2, Comfrey, this is the native to the north one, symphytum tuberosum. Not as prickly, much nicer to use if not as pretty in flower.
3, WIld oregano, tasty and loved by bees.
4, Lungwort, and the feathery one is Mugwort.
5, Chamomille
6, Lady's bedstraw, a dye and a rennet for cheese too. It also smells good in pot pourri.
7, Heartsease in flower, it's a weed in my garden, but it's a good one Lavender, rosemary, thyme, Ladies Mantle and Weld.
8, Woad, this is bi annual plant. The one in flower is year two and it will set black drooping seeds.
9, Quince. A lovely bush with beautiful flowers and wonderful fruits.
10, St. John's Wort, hypericum perforatum.
11, Soapwort, known as Bouncing Bet. Creates a lather used for washing linens and woollens.
12, Wood Millet, grows in shade, thrives in Ancient Woodlands and tastes like mini flax seeds/ sunflower seeds.

cheers,
Mary

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE