gross out jewelry!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
OK - You have been warned!
I do not like fish much.
My wife insists that I eat fish as "It is good for me".
She fed me some fish a while back and a bone stabbed up the side of a tooth and deep in the gum.
This created a "pocket" in which bacteria were prone to breed.
Several times I developed bad infections - which lead to bone loss around the tooth socket.
The tooth became loose and more prone to bacteria penetration.
Another infection came along and the dentist advised that the tooth came out which should remove the pocket, stop infection developing and end my misery...
So today I lost a perfectly good tooth.
I got the dentist to let me retain the tooth (he gave it to me in a "Fairy Envelope" - yup - Pink!)
Just to remind my Wife how good fish eating is I have drilled the tooth, made a cord and created my own, very much made by me, pendant...
So - with total Gross-Out potential - my DIY Tooth Pendant!

P5110002.jpg
P5110005.jpg
Anything that fornicates and defecates in the same place it eats and sleeps cannot be a healthy food!
MODS are free to move or delete this if they think it is too gross....

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Bloody hell John.. must have been some size fish bone to cause that. What fish was it.. Big cod have canny size bones as thick as knitting needles.

If people ask what tooth is it.. tell em it a sharks tooth :D

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I'm not going to say a word about my reaction to your tale of woe now that I've picked myself up from the floor where I'd been rolling around after reading this :rolleyes:

My wife read it and her response was 'what's he complaining about, he's not lost it truly as it's still around his neck!' That's women's logic for you :D

Anything that fornicates and defecates in the same place it eats and sleeps cannot be a healthy food!

Ok... so you won't want the ponassed salmon that I was planning to do this year at Dingly Dell :)

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Made something similar a few years back.

Two of mine and one from an old dead dog I found. (Always carry pliers my fellow womblers!)

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I wear a bear tooth.

8acf33187c6e02c44f9fd87b66bd036a.jpg

Each to their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

knifeman

Forager
May 27, 2015
england
I'm having a couple of teeth out next week because I'm having a brace, I might steal your idea!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I'm having a couple of teeth out next week because I'm having a brace, I might steal your idea!

Go for it!
I can recommend having a dentist - rather than a bar brawler or martial artiste - remove your chewing gear.
As an aside...
Having experienced both, the dentists' way is not only less painful, less bloody and less likely to make you look a prat ... and if your dentist is like mine, the conversation is more full of jokes than swearing AND you get to carry your tooth home in one piece in a nice pink "Fairy Bag" rather than in your bare hand... and you escape with your dignity intact!

knifeman

Forager
May 27, 2015
england
Go for it!
I can recommend having a dentist - rather than a bar brawler or martial artiste - remove your chewing gear.
As an aside...
Having experienced both, the dentists' way is not only less painful, less bloody and less likely to make you look a prat ... and if your dentist is like mine, the conversation is more full of jokes than swearing AND you get to carry your tooth home in one piece in a nice pink "Fairy Bag" rather than in your bare hand... and you escape with your dignity intact!

Hahaha,looking forward to it 😬 but the thought of a pink fairy bag makes me feel a lot better

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE