Greetings

• Hey Guest, We've had to cancel our 2020 Summer BushMoot PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information.

doghouse

Jul 3, 2015
Fareham
Hi guys and girls, joined these forums to seek some advice on a personal project but I thought I'd take the time to introduce myself :)
My names Dan and have been involved in Scouting since I was 8 years old and am currently a Cub Scout Leader for the 9th Gosport Scout Group. I believe that the skills learned in Scouting greatly benefit a person throughout their life.
I am very much an old school style leader - I try and teach the kids by doing, rather than them read it out of a book (or watch it on TV). I try to pass on my knowledge of knots, map reading, backwoods cooking, and various other skills I learned as a young Scout - but unless it involves a games console, many of them are not interested.
In my 25 years Scouting, I have seen many changes - some good, some not so good. But with these changes, some things stay the same, the same basic principles and skills BP taught to a bunch of lads he took to camp on Brownsea island over 100 years ago.
But I am always keen to learn more - I recognise my flaws and know I don't know everything. I am keen to learn more about bushcraft and be able to pass that knowledge on to the younger generation currently making their way through beavers, cubs and scouts.