Greetings from Warsaw, Poland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Puchal

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2010
Poland, Warsaw
Hail to All Bushcrafters!
I stumbled upon your forum few weeks ago, when googled for on wooden snowshoes tutorial. Although, I did not find what was looking for, since than I virtually sunk in DIY section, scrolling through ideas, amazing projects. tutorials and splendid pics of your crafts that you have posted.
I hope, that you don't mind, if I join your community, and perhaps from time to time share some of my experiences, as well as use your expertise and knowledge
Now few words about myself.
I'm leaving in Warsaw, on the north-east city borders, just few minutes away from Slupecka Forest (Puszcza Slupecka). Great place for one day excursion, as well as longer expeditions. But there are plenty of other great locations around Warsaw (such as Kampinos Forest, large wild forest west of Warsaw stretching for 30-35kilometers), Zegrzynski Lake - great for canoeing and sailing.
In general Poland is great outdoor place.
From Mazury - a thousand lakes country to largest primeval forest in Europe - Bieszczady Mountains Range. From Bledowska Desert, to Tatra alpine mountains. Not mentioning scenic Polish rivers (ever heard Biebrza, Narew, or Bug – rivers still unspoiled by process of “river regulation), smaller mountain ranges, swamps, great trails and landscapes.
Since last year, I fell in love with previously mentioned Bieszczady Mountains. It is amazing how large, and wild is this place. You can wonder through amazing landscapes for days, and will not reach the end of this. Bieszczady are part of Karpat Range. Simply, by heading south, you can reach Translivania in Romania.
Unfortunately my job does not allow me to vanish for so long. Most of the time, I meet with friends of mine from bushcraft.pl ( aka reconnet.pl) for weekend outings, few days of canoeing, or just for solo one-night trips.
At bushcraft.pl you can meet same serious bushcrafters. I'm really rookie comparing to some of those. Their skills are amazing, as well as commitment to their passion. Some are experts in wild food picking, others in crafts, DIY, or extreme light trekking.
Island traverse, or Norway exploration are just two examples of most devoted bushcrafters from bushcraft.pl.
Well. Enough with anthems and poems.
Once again: Hello to Everyone
Attached below few pics from my outdoor excursions:
DSC02930.JPG

DSC02959.JPG

DSC01610.JPG

DSC01465.jpg

DSC02551.JPG

DSC01179.JPG

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
Welcome to the site - great pictures.
There are a few Polish members on here but not many active ones.
I'm an English expat whose been over here a few years

pango

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Fife
Czeszcz, Puchal,
Sorry I missed your post. I might have opened it and meant to go back and read it later, and we all know what that leads to!

I lived in Warszawa for a couple of years. Unfortunately I had to work, so I didn't get out of the city as much as I should have... but that was also due to Warsaw's wonderful restaurants, bars and music venues. Is the jazz club Akwarium still open? Now that place was cool!

My trips out were mostly weekends in the Tatry. I was fortunate enough to meet a guy from Białowieski though and spent a few days with him in the Park Narodowy. I never did make it back there but it is such an amazing forest. I remember the course of the Narev (?) being pointed out, but could only actually see what looked like an expanse of grassland. Dangerous for the unwary!
I also had a week canoeing in Mazury, which was something of a disappointment. It turned out to be an organised trip... not my thing!

I still have friends in Warsaw, Puchal, and although I haven't visited for almost 2 years now, I'd most certainly value meeting up some time and arranging a trip in your beautiful country. That of course comes with an open invitation for you to visit my beautiful country, Scotland.

Nara!

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
Witam,

Zawsze fanie spotkac innich polakuw na tej stronie. Nawet niewiedzialem o bushcraft.pl bede musial zobaczyc co sie tam dzieje!

Marek

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE