Greetings from Devon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 3, 2022
devon
Hi everyone,

Stumbled across this platform researching pressure canning for long term food storage, what a treat! most of my time is spent in a natural setting and wouldnt have it any other way. I have my own business in arboriculture and landscaping, with a particular lean towards woodland management and hedge laying (my fav), as a sideline I mill and process timber for craft workers. My spare time is mainly used in the sanctuary of my veg plot and experimental permaculture mini food forest or with a fishing rod . My other interests, all in the realms of sustainability would turn this intro into an essay, so will leave it there for now. Certainly look forward to connecting with similar minded folk with the aim to bring local small scale food production / preservation / seed saving and education to the fore front, particularly for the younger generations, one of lifes important skills, along side foraging and fishing/hunting. Best regards Dai

Reactions: Broch and TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hi everyone,

Stumbled across this platform researching pressure canning for long term food storage, what a treat! most of my time is spent in a natural setting and wouldnt have it any other way. I have my own business in arboriculture and landscaping, with a particular lean towards woodland management and hedge laying (my fav), as a sideline I mill and process timber for craft workers. My spare time is mainly used in the sanctuary of my veg plot and experimental permaculture mini food forest or with a fishing rod . My other interests, all in the realms of sustainability would turn this intro into an essay, so will leave it there for now. Certainly look forward to connecting with similar minded folk with the aim to bring local small scale food production / preservation / seed saving and education to the fore front, particularly for the younger generations, one of lifes important skills, along side foraging and fishing/hunting. Best regards Dai

Welcome to the forum Dai.

Experimental food forest sounds interesting - Have you been to Dartington Hall?

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Thank you, no I havent been there, but feel as though i should have a gander now lol, you been ?

Yes, have been - the Food forest is quite well established now and they do offer ( or did , pre C ) tours. Interesting to see the various species that have been used. I'm pretty sue the main man has written a book about it all - I probably have a copy.

Where abouts are you in Lovely Devon?

Jun 3, 2022
devon
will check it out, would love a tour of the place. Im on a plot of land just outside cullompton, about 3 miles towards honiton, 2 and a bit acres, lots of work but massively satisfying, looking to go totally offgrid but that has its challenges, i like finding solutions

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
will check it out, would love a tour of the place. Im on a plot of land just outside cullompton, about 3 miles towards honiton, 2 and a bit acres, lots of work but massively satisfying, looking to go totally offgrid but that has its challenges, i like finding solutions

Close to your position - once you can send Messages PM me your address ( if you like ) and I can drop the book around

Reactions: Dai Watts
Jun 3, 2022
devon
Close to your position - once you can send Messages PM me your address ( if you like ) and I can drop the book around
Great, not sure on the vetting process on the platform, but will wait patiently, for sure will PM when i can, where abouts exeter are you based chap?

Reactions: TeeDee

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Hello and welcome to another permaculturist ,you are not far from me either, just about 14 miles other side of tivvy, on the edge of the Moor.
Sounds like you have managed to get a realy good set up going.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE