Greetings from afar

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mountainwalker

Forager
Oct 30, 2008
Sydney
Hi,

From the southern continient (Australia), grew up on a farm and enjoyed the outdoor life for many years. Moved to the city 10 years back and now have two young kids, for a while my outdoor activities went onto the backburner. Anyway, thought it was time I introduced my kids to the joys of hiking and the great outdoors as such have a renewed interest in learning new bushcraft skills. Was lucky to stumble across this site, it appears to fully encompass all my areas of interest. No such site in Australia.

My parents still run the farm, there's an old blacksmith shop on the farm not used since my grandfathers day, starting to think it would be fun to learn a bit of blacksmithing and forge a knife. I'm sure my first attempt will be a wobbly blob of metal!

Cheers
Mountainwalker.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Hi and welcome.

Getting out and about with your children, teaching and showing them skills for the first time, is so rewarding. And letting them see there is more to life than t.v. electronic games etc.., enjoy.

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
Welcome mate!!I can't find a good bushcraft oz site either so I hang out here they seem to have put up with me so far.I like your knife making plans I what to do the same thing myself soon.You or lucky if you have a blacksmith shop to work with.Let see some pics of that wobbly blob of metal you made soon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE