Greetings All From The NE of the US

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

blackwolf1

Dec 12, 2007
Auburn,Maine U.S.A.
I've been reading eneough on this site for a while now,and have even posted a few things
but, now think it time for a formal introduction.
I was a soldier for a few years,the last part of my tour I was a Recon Scout,with some Sniper training.
Upon my discharge,and back home I discovered Ray Mears "Outdoor Survival Handbook"
and thus discovered this wonderful world of "bushcraft".
My hobbies are squirrel hunting with a .22 rifle and camping when I can get out.
I practice primitive skills when I can,mostly in my backyard now.
I'm determined to get better at friction fire {bow drill method} this summer.As well as other
skills that interest me.
I can't think of any better place where I could get help if needed.
Thanks in advance friends.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi and welcome to Bushcraft UK, it's good to have you and i' sure that there's loads we can learn from you as well. You already know how great everyone is on here so just ask away if you've got any questions.:D

cheapeats

Forager
Feb 20, 2008
New England
My family has a place in Garland, and I was born in Skowhegan. I usually get up to the family place once or twice a year and I also spend the better part of a week up near Millinocket with the Boy Scouts every summer.

blackwolf1

Dec 12, 2007
Auburn,Maine U.S.A.
Cheapeats, I used to own a quarter of a camp in Fayette [south of Augusta]. That was
before my brothers decided to sell.Being out voted,I took my money.That was the hardest
part,I really wanted to keep the camp.It was the best place for bushcrafting,alot of woods,
a lake,and quiet.
The last time I spent there,I was taking my dog for her last walk of the night,when I heard
an owl close by.We finished her business,and took her in and dragged my wife out to hear the owl.She was not as impressed as I but,she did humor me for a few min.

cheapeats

Forager
Feb 20, 2008
New England
Have you ever taken a class at Maine Primitive Skills School? I took a fire by friction calss at the wells location last spring. Since then I have sucessfully taught several others how to do it. I would like to do another course but can't decide which. They have a branch in Augusta and just opened another in CT. I was very impressed with the instructors they really love what they do. The day we went There were 10 students and 5 instructors.

blackwolf1

Dec 12, 2007
Auburn,Maine U.S.A.
Yes,I took a course there.I took Earth Living 1 .It was a good time.I'm still in contact on a
fairly regular basis with Mike and Mal.
I was asked if I wanted to do a workshop in Oct. at the Maine Primitive Gathering. I of course said yes,with no notion of what I'm going to talk about.Check their web site in the next few months as details develop.
I may take another course sometime,when time allows.
Mabye we should try talking somewhere else,so we don't upset any one on the forums ?

What do you think ? I don't think this is the appropriate place to have a two sided conversation like this.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE