Great service from Gransfors Bruks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ganstey

Settler
Went to use my GB SFA the other day and found it had two dinks in the edge. Thinking they were caused by the rivets in the sheath, I emailed GB asking them if there was anything I could do to repair it. They asked me to send them a photo of the dinks, which I duly did. They wrote back saying that it couldn't possibly be from the sheath, but looked like it might be a manufacturing defect. They asked for my address and said they would send me a replacement. Two days later the courier arrived with a brand new SFA :D

I'm well chuffed :red: This is what customer service should be. I'll now always recommend them, rather than suggesting people try cheaper alternatives.

G

Nov 20, 2009
South Lincs
Went to use my GB SFA the other day and found it had two dinks in the edge. Thinking they were caused by the rivets in the sheath, I emailed GB asking them if there was anything I could do to repair it. They asked me to send them a photo of the dinks, which I duly did. They wrote back saying that it couldn't possibly be from the sheath, but looked like it might be a manufacturing defect. They asked for my address and said they would send me a replacement. Two days later the courier arrived with a brand new SFA :D

I'm well chuffed :red: This is what customer service should be. I'll now always recommend them, rather than suggesting people try cheaper alternatives.

G
Hi I too have had good service from this Company. Do they make bushcraft knives, if not, who is the best bushknife maker in the UK as I want one
Jungleman:rolleyes:

ganstey

Settler
Hi I too have had good service from this Company. Do they make bushcraft knives, if not, who is the best bushknife maker in the UK as I want one

I think that depends on how you define "best" :rolleyes:

I use a Mora, cheap 'n' cheerful, and I'm happy to experiment using it for different things knowing that even if I totally trash it, it'll only cost a few quid to replace it.

G

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire

G

I had the same with a felling axe. Though this axe was abysmal. How it left the factory i will never know. The head was bent and i mean bent, the sheath was torn. At first i thought it was an accident in carriage, but the grind on the axe as uneven, it was around one inch one one side and 3 on the other. It had been done that way to bring the edge true to the handle, proving it left the factory that way. They sent me a replacement out too.

Nov 20, 2009
South Lincs
I think that depends on how you define "best" :rolleyes:

I use a Mora, cheap 'n' cheerful, and I'm happy to experiment using it for different things knowing that even if I totally trash it, it'll only cost a few quid to replace it.

G
I want a knife that keeps a sharp edge, and one which will withstand abuse when needed, and which I could depend on if my life depended on the quality of the item I had to hand.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
SWMBO bought me a GB SFA for the upcoming Xmas. Had to play when I checked it. Shaves paper than better than most knifes I've seen. Well impressed
(counting the days, counting the days, cou........"

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
I want a knife that keeps a sharp edge, and one which will withstand abuse when needed, and which I could depend on if my life depended on the quality of the item I had to hand.

Don't overlook the Mora. I made that mistake for a number of years. I have owned many custom and high-end production knives and consider the Moras to be right up there when it comes to performance.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I'm afraid that I've had the opposite experience with GB.

I bought an SFA with a misaligned head, and GB didn't even answer my ( several ) emails. The issue was sorted out when the retailer ( Rob at Wilderness 121 ) replaced the axe for me, before I'd even returned the original to him. An excellent tool when it's made correctly, poor service from the manufacturer, compensated for by great service from the retailer.

Cheers, Michael.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE