Sold Gransfors Bruks Outdoor Axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
For your consideration
One hardly used GB Outdoor axe
Bought to replace my original one when it was AWOL and almost a week after buying it the old one appeared.
I've more history with the one that was AWOL so this one is moving on.
Looking for £100 all inclusive
No trades required at present. Please note this is up for sale elsewhere as well
.IMG_20220428_120117_880.jpgIMG_20220428_120122_232.jpg
IMG_20220428_120131_794.jpgIMG_20220428_120135_833.jpg

Last edited:

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
Costly way to do it though.

Buried in a bag of hides it was
Out of curiosity, what do you like about it?
I've got a GB mini which I love. It does more than it ought for an axe of it's size.
But the handle on the Outdoor I could see being more useful.
There's possibly a subjective debate in this.

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
I've got a GB mini which I love. It does more than it ought for an axe of it's size.
I have a few GB axes… the outdoor axe is probably my favourite purely for its versatility. It’s the Swiss Army knife of axes and very packable.

Reactions: Man of Tanith
Punches way over its weight
I've felled trees, limbed and snedded them, carved bows, bowdrill hearths (atrocious) spoons and kept courses stocked with firewood with it.
It's light enough to go on almost any trip and teamed with a silky pocketboy and a fixed blade or sak it will do pretty much anything desired.

It's so good I sold my small forest axe after it sat unused for 3years as I always reached for the Outdoor Axe

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
Punches way over its weight
I've felled trees, limbed and snedded them, carved bows, bowdrill hearths (atrocious) spoons and kept courses stocked with firewood with it.
It's light enough to go on almost any trip and teamed with a silky pocketboy and a fixed blade or sak it will do pretty much anything desired.

It's so good I sold my small forest axe after it sat unused for 3years as I always reached for the Outdoor Axe
That's quite the endorsement, and good to hear.
I've noticed the head profile is more towards splitting than say a mini, wildlife or sfa. So less "slicey", and a few concerns on the handle? Being quite thin, there's a tendency for it turn in the hand and glance off.
Have you wrapped your handle, or not had those issues?

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Just to avoid confusion - is the axe sold? Last note = (I think) “sold pending funds”.
Thanks

grizzlyj

Nov 10, 2016
NW UK
OT I had a Kershaw folder on my belt for quite a while which was nice. It didn't come with a pouch but I had a pouch that although a bit big seemed ok. I came in one evening and the pouch was empty. I went over and over and over where I'd been that day for the next two weeks but it was lost. Idiot for not getting a better fitting pouch. I bought a new knife and the day the Postie brought it I found the Kershaw at the bottom of my sock draw.

• Haha
Reactions: Dougster

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE