GPS deals

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Has anyone seen a good deal on a hiking GPS unit?

I'm kind of thinking I might get one. Not too fussy about which but nothing too expensive hence deal hunting. Don't strictly need one but it would be something fun to use and get into geocaching with instead of using phone.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Not a specific recommendation but just an idea. With the Christmas shopping season coming there should be several good deals coming in the next few weeks. Try online at hunting/fishing places such as Bass Pro, Sportsman’s Guide, etc.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Never thought of fishing retailers. Didn't think a GPS was needed for fishing but I've really only been shore and jetty fishing on holiday so perhaps inland anglers need it.

Thanks.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Yeah; boat fishermen use them to remind sunken structures and locations they’ve previously caught fish.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Is there still a company called Lowrance? Back when I got my technologically ancient GPS they had just hit the uk market with handheld hiking devices that had 2 more satellite channels/ connections than mainstream brands. They were mostly a fishing brand supplying fishing vessels with GPS and fish location devices. American iirc and a big company in the fishing field (commercial that is). I heard they even made components for other brands but that was a rumour.

I couldn't find them anymore. Certainly left the UK market despite offering better technology at lower prices than Garmin and Magellan did at the time. Anyone heard of them?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE