Got the Rail Anvil finished

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
My first one was similar but I used a tractor drawbar pin welded on and ground as the horn. It's now got a piece of box on the bottom so it fits my large anvil's Hardy hole and gets used for small pieces that need a small horn to turn a circle around ;)

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Mmmm kinda of "found it" but it took loads of disks and burnt about three pairs of denims cutting and grinding it!!
I'm always on the look out so iill keep me eyes open!

It's amazing how many pieces are found. Mine was given to me after the relaying of some line (it was the offcut when the new section was welded in). I was cutting for the best part of an hour and burnt through my overalls (and got a blistered hand beating the flames out :lmao::lmao:) just to cut a lump off of a rail. Only needed one disk but a spray of sparks that would have done a £50 fountain firework proud were constantly warming my leg, etc

Allybally

Forager
Feb 23, 2006
Glasgow
How did you cut the ends off to form the point? A buddy of mine well an online buddy made an anvil like that to. Usually swearing when doing something like that means it's going well doesn't it? LMAO
Just used an angle grinder, but after burning through loads of disks and my "fireproof" overalls and jeans i used a cutting fluid on the cuts before cutting, it stops the cutting disks from over heating. Once cut to shape, loads of grinding.

A

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE