Got the courage to film my first video on YouTube

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nomadliam

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2016
United Kingdom
Hey all,

Some of you may know I've been an instagrammer for a while now, posting a picture or short video whenever I'm out in the woods cooking or practicing my bushcraft skills.

I finally managed to get a camera and setup that would allow HD filming and have just finished my first video. I aim to document my journey rekindling and learning new and ancient skills within bushcraft and general outdoor life.

This isn't an ask for subscribers and likes, I'd just really appreciate any feedback and suggestions as I'm fairly new to being on camera.

Thank you.

Liam :)

[video=youtube_share;zCP-UQnMMaA]https://youtu.be/zCP-UQnMMaA[/video]

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
I really enjoyed it.
Fantastic effort for your first time.
Keep up the natural feel and if you do capture any mistakes don't worry about it.
It'll make what you're doing even better, there are plenty of 'experts', seeing and hearing someone rekindle as they go is refreshingly different and enjoyable.

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Good vid... the firsts always the hardest. You'll soon get in the swing of things :)

Mind... I haven't posted owt on mine since before xmas... i'll be losing my sub's ;)

Nomadliam

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2016
United Kingdom
Thanks so much for your replies. I look forward to sharing my journey with you all :)

I'll be trying to keep everything as natural as possible whilst using a camera, it's all a bit of a learning curve.

Amy Turner

Feb 16, 2017
US
Its great you plan and did it and i must say great video for the first timer....all that people lack is courage to execute

Happy filming and love for all

philipb

Forager
Feb 20, 2016
wales
rubbish

just kidding nice vid. I liked the way you kept your fire small and just placed the billy can into it. nice and simple without the over elaborate methods show in some videos.

Nomadliam

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2016
United Kingdom
rubbish

just kidding nice vid. I liked the way you kept your fire small and just placed the billy can into it. nice and simple without the over elaborate methods show in some videos.
Haha! You got me there.

Thank you, I always try to keep my fire just fit for purpose. Easier to clear away and control that way :)

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
Oh very nice. Well if you're in the area, I can take you to where I go normally. It lacks a water supply, but it's a good wooded area and reasonably quiet apart from the odd dog Walker on the path

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Nomadliam

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2016
United Kingdom
Oh very nice. Well if you're in the area, I can take you to where I go normally. It lacks a water supply, but it's a good wooded area and reasonably quiet apart from the odd dog Walker on the path

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
That would be great, I'll pm you :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE