Got my new JoJo frictinon folder.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sticks65

Forager
Mar 18, 2007
Caer-lerion
Heres the right up I put on my blog.

I Have been talking with my Friend Joel Delorme about making me a friction folder,we talked about what grind I wanted and what handle material but the rest was left up to Joel.

Well today I received said friction folder and before I even opened the packet I noticed the weight and just knew this was going to be a sturdy knife that I would like.

Well when I actually opened it I was well pleased I can tell you.

We never talked about size but the knife was bigger than I expected which is a good thing in my books,the overall length of the knife is 7" with the blade being 3" and 3mm thick.

The handle or scales are crafted from Cow Horn and are beautifully done and look fantastic.

The blade is made from o1 tool steel and Joel did his special etching technique which also looks amazing and gives the blade the look of Damascus steel.

The first thing I did with the knife was test it for sharpness which I do with any new knife and usually find I have to atleast strop them but not this one,It is hair popping sharp and I have a bold patch on my left forearm to prove it.

The next thing I wanted to know is could I get a good shower of sparks from striking my ferro rod with the spine of this knife,the answer is a resounding yes.

I also tested it by making a feather stick and it did this task with ease.

The handle of the knife is chunky,It fits my hand really well and you know your holding a knife unlike some folders Ive owned.

I can honestly say with hand on heart that Joel's work is amazing,there is not a fraction of play between the blade and the handle of this knife and when closed the blade fits into the handle so snug that if I didn't see it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it.
The blade is super sharp and pointy and the handle looks great.

This Knife is my new EDC for sure.

Joel thanks for making this superb knife for me and you are a true artisan my friend.

Heres some picture of the knife.

021-8.jpg

008-22.jpg

009-19.jpg

011-16.jpg

012-16.jpg

013-16.jpg

015-16.jpg

016-11.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE