Got me a new canine bushbuddy.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Some of you may recall I had to have my beautiful black boy put to sleep back in March. I have never missed a dog like I have that fella & grief took me to a very dark place indeed. Anyway, the clouds have lifted & existance was starting to feel very shallow & pointless without a little canine company to share it with.
I had been eyeing up some mutts on my local animal shelter's website for the last few weeks & yesterday afternoon I decided it was time to take the plunge.
This guy was No. 2 on my shortlist & he gave out such positive vibes..............he was the one.:) He is a 3 year old GSD/Malinois cross & so far he has been a very friendly chap with folks though he may have some issues with other dogs.
No problems on the drive back & he has settled in nicely. Early days yet but he looks promising & I can't wait to take him out for a night under canvas though I'll have to get to know him a little better first as well as giving him some minimal training.:rolleyes:

Here are a few pics of the lad...............I expect you'll be seeing & hearing a quite lot about him on these pages in the future.:rofl:

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
He's a lovely bright eyed and bushy tailed laddie... I can't help thinking he looks good and warm to snuggle with too, I bet the training begins with '....And NEVER get between me and the fire on a cold night....' ;)

Delighted to see another lucky dog with a bright future x enjoy training each other!

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
He looks a fine fellow, very handsome! Should be a clever chap too if he's a GSD/Malinois cross. I'm sure you'll have many adventures together :)

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Very nice looking lad. Love the one ear up one ear flopped. Slightly comical :)

Bit of time, bit of routine and a load of love and he will be part of the family in no time.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Now there's a kind and intelligent eye set in a very handsome face...............he looks the BIZZNESS!

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Ahh mate, I hope you have the best days together, would be lost with out mine, even thow at times like now, when they are trying to rip me letterbox of the door as they have heard someone outside lol, I wouldn't change them for nothing.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I've had GS before (mixes anyway) and a cousin had a Malinois. Both excellent breeds and yours looks like a fine one. Hope y'all have many great years together.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Looks a great companion for your many adventures.im sure you giving him a second chance he will repay you 10 fold.i miss not having a canine companion but the wife is still not ready for one nearly a year on since loosing my little fella.look forward to trip reports :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE