Good value leather belt pouches

ganstey

Settler
My belt arrived yesterday as they said it would (or would've done had I been there to receive it). Haven't tried it yet, but it looks very smart and is made from thick leather - don't have a vernier with me but looks like it'll stand up to a lot of abuse. The outside face is dyed (in my case black), with the inside left natural and rough just as I'd hoped for.

I'll give it a try later and report back.
G

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Just bought a couple of leather belt pouches from Florence Wilson in Cumbria. They look quite similar to some pouches sold by other bushy people but for quite a few quid more. They make them themselves, to order and prices are in P&P. I got mine within the week. Not bad. I am happy with mine. :D

http://www.madeincumbria.co.uk/gallery/fh_wilson.html

Once again - no connection with company etc. etc.

Bit confused about the sizing shown on the site.I have asked them for clarification.

Must get more sleep.:rolleyes:

BTW,cheers for the heads up,these look like real value.:)

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
My possie pouch and SAK pouch arrived yesterday.

For the money they are good value. The only criticism I have is that the SAK pouch is a lot bigger than anticipated and I reckon you can actually get 2 SAK's in there! Maybe this could turn out to be an advantage if I find something else to accompany my SAK in there so it may not be such a bad thing.

DP1

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2007
Wigan Area
Have you got any further details/ Photos of the possibles pouch? I am thinking of ordering a medium one and a belt. For a first one for someone watching the pennies, are they ok or is it false economy?

ganstey

Settler
Wearing my shiny new belt today. Quality looks and feels really good, and the size is perfect. My only comment is that although it looked black on first inspection, when compared to black trousers its actually very dark brown. This makes no difference to me, but may do to others.

All in all I'm very pleased and will definitely order from them again.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Have you got any further details/ Photos of the possibles pouch? I am thinking of ordering a medium one and a belt. For a first one for someone watching the pennies, are they ok or is it false economy?

Medium Brown, Medium Pouch. IMHO great value

Here are piccies just taken for you:

IMGP0869.jpg

IMGP0868.jpg

IMGP0867.jpg

IMGP0866.jpg

IMGP0865.jpg

IMGP0861.jpg

rancid badger

Yes they look quite good for the money. Personally, I'm not too keen on rivets generally but in this case(no pun intended) obviously, they help keep the cost down.
I would suggest adding some reinforcement stitching for the closure strap and belt loop.
I've recently knocked up a very similar pouch!
the strap is very similar but stitched:
P2290009copyresized.jpg

ignore the danglies! they were an after thought and are due for re-working.it wouldn't take much at all to beef up the strap attachment.
P2290006copyresized.jpg

as I say; very similar
certainly seem okay for the money
Cheers
R.B.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
...The only criticism I have is that the SAK pouch is a lot bigger than anticipated and I reckon you can actually get 2 SAK's in there! Maybe this could turn out to be an advantage if I find something else to accompany my SAK in there so it may not be such a bad thing.

Update:

It's actually turned out to be a very good thing as I have discovered that the Fallkniven DC3 stone in its pouch fits in there perfectly with the SAK! :D

SRC

Mar 14, 2008
Herts
I really like the Dark Brown, Medium pouch I bought from Florence. I have discovered that it will hold my Passport, wallet and a mini carabiner with my Marbles compass attached. Now I won't have to carry a bag around the airport next time I fly anywhere.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I really like the Dark Brown, Medium pouch I bought from Florence. I have discovered that it will hold my Passport, wallet and a mini carabiner with my Marbles compass attached. Now I won't have to carry a bag around the airport next time I fly anywhere.

LOL, you must have a fat wallet or is there still room to spare?

:lmao: :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE