Mountain Man Clearout

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
It's time for a bit of a clear out! All five knives have a "rustic" feel and could easily have been put together over several nights around the fire after dealing with the days work of skinning, trapping and generally "longhuntering"! They all have the appearance of being made by weary, possibly bored, woodsmen who need a tool to do a job with little regard to aesthetics! A style which suits my talents quite well!

Anyway, onwards to the goods.

Number 1 is a mountain man style neck knife. 24mm overall, 130mm blade, Sambar and Buffalo handle with rustic copper rivets. 3mm 75ni8 steel. Fringed and beaded neck sheath. (No. 1 sold subject to approval)

mm1.jpg

Number 2 is more of a longhunter than a bowie, with a 240mm 01 blade, 370mm overall. Wrought iron fittings, stag handle with a rawhide wrap. Leather and rawhide sheath with various adornments, horsehair, copper and tin cones, glass and bone beads and copper rivets. Quite a handful this one with even more "rustic" appeal than any of the others!

mm2.jpg

Number 4 is a horizontal, or scout, carry semi skinner. (I know, where's number 3? Just put it down to a "senior" moment!) 110mm blade, 220mm overall. 75ni8 steel, cowhorn grips over red liners, with copper rivets. Sheath in dyed veg tan with copper rivets and a little, not very impressive, tooling.

mm3.jpg

Number 5 is a hunter\general purpose knife. Also in 75ni8, with ramshorn grips and copper rivets. 115mm blade, 220mm overall. A laced veg tan sheath keeps it tidy.(number 5 is now sold)

mm4.jpg

Number 6 is a Nessmuk style blade. 115mm blade, 230mm overall. Stag and cowhorn handle with brass pins. Sheath is a deep carry style with sinew lacing and copper rivets in dark brown veg tan.(No. 6 is now sold subject to approval)

I had an idea that numbers 1 and 2 would go together as a set at £175.00 Numbers 4,5 and 6 are £75.00 each. All prices include P&P. By agreeing to buy any of these, you are confirming that you are 18 years old or above.

Apologies for the quality of the pictures, and they don't really show much detail, so, if you need more pictures or info on any or all of the above, please just shout!

Next week, 14th to 22nd March, I'm travelling and will not have easy access to an internet connection, although I'll be able to pick up messages every now and again. I'll deal with all and any messages in order of timestamp. Please don't panic if I don't get back to you immediately, I will get to you ASAP!

Last edited:

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
A pommel as in somewhere to hang a lanyard? No, sorry, it's full tang with capping at each end to tidy up the antler. If I've got it wrong, just pm me for some more pix. Hope this helps!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE