Good news: missing member Found - previously Some bad news: missing member!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
This message was posted yesterday on Britishblades by a member. I have been in contact with the original poster as 'Stevie' is also a forum member on here (since 2005). They have requested that I let people on here know as the more prayers the better. I hope this is ok mods . Many Thanks.

"Some of you here may "know" Stevie who I think has been around here for a while. He introduced me to the forum (britishblades) and a couple of others as well and is an all round nice guy always ready to help. Well he flew out to Kazakhstan last weekend. He got to Astana fine but the internal transfer flight to his job never arrived at its destination. Apparently the the authorities have checked the flight path but as yet have not found any wreckage. The search continues but the country is so big that it's a massive area to search. The company he contracts to have been in touch with his partner every day but there is no news so far. We have just been round to his home as today is his birthday. Theresa is destraught but keeping her chin up. If any of you know a good prayer now would be a good time to use it ...please."

link to original message - http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44293

Sep 27, 2007
essex
I don't know Stevie as im new to the forum but my thoughts are with his family and I hope as Matt said, it's just a mixup. Positive thoughts can do a lot, he has mine.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I know that many here won't remember Stevie, he hasn't been around much lately, but he has been active in the past, and his work took him all over the world. This is a dreadful situation for his family; not knowing what has happened must be a nightmare.
I do hope that things work out and he comes home safely.
atb,
Toddy

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
Posted yesterday 9pm on BB

"I'm s0rry but there is still no news which means there is still hope. Search teams have been out all day again and in to the night. I think they said they are 6 hours ahead of us.

They have said the flight was a company one rather than scheduled. Services are limited out there and disctances so large that a lot of travel is by private planes and helicopters. There was about 20 people on board.

The company he works for out there must be well connected as military craft were brought in today as well as civilian and private. Temperatures the last few nights have been -2 C plus chill factor depending where they are. They are hoping thermal equipment will arrive in the morning so they can work at night as well. Ground troops are also involved. They are trying their best.

Theresa is holding up well considering. Steve's parents are over here now as are his two children. My Lyn is still with them and promises to call me if any news comes in."

pothunter

Settler
Jun 6, 2006
Wyre Forest Worcestershire
Spoke to a friend who says the smaller the aircraft the more chance of walking away from a forced landing. He also said most of the pilots are military trained so have survival and good first aid training as Stevie is a member here and on BB he probably has a good attitude to a bad situation.
I hope all turns out well.
My thoughts are with him and his family.

Pothunter.

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
Update from this morning - fingers crossed for all involved!

There may be some good news! Last night's infra-red equipped plane spotted 3 fires in a triangular pattern in the area eye witnesses thought they saw a plane go down. The crew has reported that as they approached closer a 4th fire "erupted" like an explosion. They are sending planes and ground units in to the area today.

Even I know from watching Ray Mears that 3 fires are a signal so we may have news later today. Obviously we aren't getting too worked up as this could end up a bitter disappointment for Theresa but we all seem lighter after hearing this.

And from Lunchtime today;

Just heard wreckage has been sighted and 4 people were seen waving. Apparently landing was not possible but ground units have been directed there. The only snag is they are a day's travel away but at least we know something at last.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE