Good news: missing member Found - previously Some bad news: missing member!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
Todays update:

The news so far is that the first team has arrived and have found 4 walking wounded with minor injuries, 6 seriously injured and 2 extremely serious but stable, 7 killed, 2 walked off looking to get help and 1 is missing. One of the walking wounded has gone off with the search team to see if they can find the two that walked off.

Unfortunately no names have been released yet but I don't think Steve would have left the site. Lets hope he is in the 4 or 6.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
S0rry to hear that there have been some confirmed dead, but I guess some found alive is better than none!

I really hope Stevie's family gets the answers they are likely to be frantically waiting for, and that is is good news for them. Condolences to all the families envolved that may be getting some bad news. This whole event sounds like a terrible nightmare!

Have been watching this develop and am amazed it isn't in the media. :confused:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
He's alive
We've spoken to him! They managed to link a radio to a telephone and we've spoken to him. It was only about 15 minutes if that but it seemed a life time. We are all round with Theresa and there's 30 of us sobbing our hearts out and celebrating!

He does have some injuries but nothing too serious. He said plan B worked too well and he has some singeing around the edges but he will explain later.

At first he was due to get a good slapping from Theresa as he is the one who has gone looking for the two that walked out instead of getting proper treatment and rest but then again if they can find the other two alive it will be a further blessing.

As soon as we have more information I'll get back but I just had to share the good news but now we selebrate.

Theresa says a massive big thank you to you all for your kind support, prayers and thoughts. They are greatly appreaciated and gave her strength.

More later as soon as we have it

Then, this post!

Some more truely excellent news, they have found the two who walked off they are also alive, worse for wear and suffering but they are alive.

They are setting up a satelite phone link tomorrow morning so Theresa can talk properly to him. They will then be taking them all to hospital where they are expected to stay for several days.

His employers have called Theresa and promised the best care possible. Apparently they own the biggest private hospital out there! They are going to fly Theresa out to be with him whilst he recovers.

We've just been to the local tesco for more celebrating juice and more boxes of tissues, we got some strange looks at the check out but who cares We are so over joyed. It is just impossible to desribe it here. I've never understood tears of joy until now. S*d work tomorrow

So good news with regards to Stevie. Of course, unfortunately some members of the group died, and we should also spare a thought for their families at this tragic time.

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
Great news that hes alive :) and relatively ok - this must have been the worst few days imaginable for all involved. Best wishes for a speedy full recovery and my sympathy to all who have lost friends and relatives. Thoughts are with all at this time.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
when you get around to reading this thead Stevie.....

Nicely done Stevie, nicely done!

Whilst surviving the crash was dependent on good fortune, the rest was in your own hands, and no doubt your study of wilderness skills stacked the odds in your favor. Some luck you make for yourself!

I think we can guess who had a hand in creating those the signal fires for example, and that factor alone will have saved lives amongst the severely injured, for whom every minute of delay in rescue counts against them.

Thoughts of those who lost their lives may weigh heavily upon your mind, but you can rest easy that your knowledge and skill in bushcraft will have saved the lives of others, who had the good fortune to count you amongst their number.

When lady luck handed over the reigns and you walked away from the initial crash, the rest was down to you and what you chose to do for yourselves. You pulled it off, and that’s all that matters.

Take a well earned rest with your family, and when you've recuperated, please do tell us your tale. The written word may compare palely with the actual event and text will fail to convey the emotion you felt, after all, the stories we tell can never truly be those that we lived.

but it will be an insight to all those who read it, few of us have really had the balance of our lives hang in our own judgment, where as you, through circumstances thrust upon you have had the opportunity to truly hold your life, if only briefly, in your own grasp and I am sure your have gained all the more appreciation of it.

A job well done Stevie

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
My heartfelt condolences go to the families who have lost loved ones.

Fantastic to hear that Stevie is safe and relatively well given the circumstances. As Stuart has said, a little knowledge - even something simple like knowing about making a triangular signal fire can go a long way.

Well done Stevie.

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Great to hear that Steve is ok. Even though I don't yet know Steve I'm full of mixed emotions at the minute, especially having lost friends to plane crashes in the past. Happy that he's ok while saddened by the loss of so many.

My thoughts and prayers are with all concerned.

Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE