Good news: missing member Found - previously Some bad news: missing member!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Like lots of others I don't know you but its great to hear you are well. My thoughts are with ou and your family, have a cyber pint on me ; )

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, prayers and support. They are greatly appreciated.

Thank you Ali for spreading the word, every prayer and thought helped. Thank you for your email Stuart, I shall get round to answering.

I got home late Saturday and have succeeded in doing very little since :D

I will come back and write up what happened, some of it may be helpful, some may even be interesting. As a little taster I would say that the old adage that the best survival knife is the one you have with you and a new one I thought up at the time that straight needles are no good for sewing :eek:

Thank you all once again, it is nice to be back.

Well done Stevie for making it back.

You should write up your experience as it will help you in the long run to get it off your chest,especially after a traumatic incident like this.

You were put to the test and you passed.

Stevie

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2005
Kidderminster
Thank you one and all :You_Rock_

It is great to be back. I have started writing up some of the bits that stuck in mind over on the BB site

http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45441

It's "work in progress" at the moment, everybody is telling me not to to rush things and for once I have listened. I hope to get another bit done over the next day or so. I can post it over here as well if people want but I thought I'd reduce my "carbon footprint" a bit for a change :lmao:

Take care every one and once again thank you all for your kind thought :beerchug:

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Just read it over on BB and can only say what others have said over there .................

..............WOW!!, Speechless, Respect!

(Nice to see you have still got a SOH Stevie.)

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
So whats going on with this story? I can't access BB as its blocked. Can anyone post it on here?

Still not seen any news articles for this :confused:
Hasn't even been picked up on by BCUK's own news team.

Has anyone spoken to Stevie?

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
I'm reading it (backwards!) just now - it has gone to 24 pages... it appears to have been
an elaborate hoax, as mentioned in the 'not impressed' thread. Or at least that's the
conclusion over at BB it would seem - I've honestly no idea. Still, a fascinating read
anyway.

All very peculiar!

rat pac

Sep 8, 2007
Kingston Surrey
great news, i wish him a speedy recovery
Sorry to hear about all those that didn't make it out our thoughts are with there families
regards to all
rat pac

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
I'm reading it (backwards!) just now - it has gone to 24 pages... it appears to have been
an elaborate hoax, as mentioned in the 'not impressed' thread. Or at least that's the
conclusion over at BB it would seem - I've honestly no idea. Still, a fascinating read
anyway.

All very peculiar!

Eh?

24 pages is a bit too many to post over here. :rolleyes: Will have to get to a non-filtered internet connection. :11doh: :puppy_dog

If its all made up I don't think "fascinating" comes to mind. Sick, twisted and several other unpostable words come to mind though. :tapedshut :banghead:

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
Hi Andy,

http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45441&page=17

The general consenus on BB is that it was all a hoax. Apparently Stevie had a couple of seperate accounts all coming from the same IP, and was pretending to be his partner etc to collaborate the story. It was all pretty elaborate, the guy seems to be a bit of a fantasist.

The story got picked up on pilots rumour network, and some cross forum banter went on between the two forums. Think alot of people are annoyed after defending him on the pilots network. The whole post goes on for 24 pages so I can't post it over.

Strange stuff!

No harm done in the end, and it did make an interesting read. I excepted the story without question though, which makes me feel a bit of a prat!:eek:

Hope your enjying married life fella!

Buckley.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
The suggestion seems to be that there were multiple postings from the same person
under different assumed names. That and a combination of lack of evidence or
corroboration, and suspicion over timings of postings / IP addresses etc. seemed to
sway the 'mood' but there still seems to be no final 'true' or 'bluff'. Not surprisingly
several people feel pretty angry about it.

This page gets the gist across:
http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45441&page=15

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
People seemed quite reflective about it on BB - I was quite impressed that people
managed to find something positive about it in terms of concern for someone with
mental health issues and expressing gladness that people hadn't died in a plane
crash!

I was on a forum a few years ago where one of the guys pretended to have cancer.
The mind boggles :confused:

Having seen RM's programmes about people surviving some amazing things I'm
probably much more open to believing that sort of thing.

He's ruined my natural scepticism... ;)

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Seen the posts never read it, seems strange someone would make anything like that up, but still with the internet we can access alsorts of peoples minds these days, dont know whether this is a good thing. Still if it was a good story.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Dunno about angry, bloody livid seems more like it!

Don't let it get to you Spam. I've read the thread over on BB and a lot of people both here and there (me included) got suck in with the best wishes and feeling genuinely concerned, that is a good thing really that shows there are some good folk about.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE