good news for me today

Nov 18, 2015
southampton
well had a great day today
was talking to a cousins husband about trying to find some woodland to spend some time.

he said i will ask me mum as she got a bit of land, well he was on the phone for 5 minutes and and she has given me permission to use her wood land
all 32 acres of it :D:D

she said its a bit of a mess as no one has been in there for 15 years but lots of wildlife to look at.
the one condition is i have to clear a small area and make it suitable for kids to play in, no rush just as and when. so have a nice challenge and once ive been to check its all safe etc im gonna ask the kids in the family if they would like to help clear the area and hopefully they will enjoy making the dens etc

cant wait now

Nov 18, 2015
southampton
yeah im looking forward to the challenge

couldnt believe it tbh, i was expecting either a no he cant or yes he can its 1/4 an acre lol, i best get learning some skills soon

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Lucky beggar!
Sounds like you've found a peach of a parcel of woodland.
Having lived in southern England I know how hard it can be to find somewhere to play.
Hope you have fun & enjoy it.
Though remember the BCUK credo... Pictures or it didn't happen.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
Sounds really good,very jealous looking forward to seeing some pictures,maybe you could write a journal if you could find the time,of all the wildlife and of the work you do there.Enjoy your woodland.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
You could do an online blog in the blog section on here too.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE