Gone and done it now !!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brainflex

Nov 6, 2004
Today I convinced the Missus to come up to the wood with me.So I packed up my kit with a few extras,the dogs and my 4 yr old son and went to the wood.We walked in and found a nice spot.I set her to carving feather sticks and collected the kindling and firewood with Cameron.With a bit of coaching she lit the fire (3 matches) and built it up.While she was busy with that I mixed up some dough.Next the billy went on and I made the brews.When a bed of embers was ready We set to toasting dough twists.She really enjoyed all this and was gutted when we ran out of dough."Never mind" she said "WE will have to fetch more next weekend".
Have I done the right think ? :?: Is my quiet time all gone now and what will happen if she finds out the real price of all that kit? :yikes:
Oh well it was a good day out.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Sounds like you had fun, better watch out or she'll be "commandeering" all your favourite kit :eek:):

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
My Mrs. used to go out with me all the time. Now she can't seem to find the time between work and visiting her aging Mom.

I wouldn't worry about her learning the real price of the gear. Whatcha need to worry about is having to spend YOUR gear money on HER new gear. :yikes: :wink:

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
My wife and I always spend time in the outdoors walking and doing “bushcraft”, its great to pass my skills on to her and she loves it. We see it as quality time together without the distractions of modern life.

Mind you she still dose her makeup even after a night in the field :shock: :roll:

D

DOC-CANADA

Brainflex said:
Have I done the right think ? :?: Is my quiet time all gone now and what will happen if she finds out the real price of all that kit?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Hey....have to wait and see if it happens but after showing my Wife the photo's from Ashdown she's said she will come to a weekend meet in the summer!!!!! I was gobsmacked!!!!!! I just have to promise to take her looking for Pooh and Tigger on the Sunday afternoon, with a quick game of Pooh sticks before home! Hooray!!!! :eek:):

Just one point though, further to Brainflex's worries of kit costs, NOBODY is to let me wife know that anything in the world of Bushcraft costs more then 20 quid or I'm a dead man!!!! lol :rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao:

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
bambodoggy said:
Hey....have to wait and see if it happens but after showing my Wife the photo's from Ashdown she's said she will come to a weekend meet in the summer!!!!! I was gobsmacked!!!!!! I just have to promise to take her looking for Pooh and Tigger on the Sunday afternoon, with a quick game of Pooh sticks before home! Hooray!!!! :eek:):

Just one point though, further to Brainflex's worries of kit costs, NOBODY is to let me wife know that anything in the world of Bushcraft costs more then 20 quid or I'm a dead man!!!! lol :rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao:

Likewise. Michelle (My wife) said she'd be up for it in the sumer as well. She loves camping but cannot comprehend why I'd want to do it in January. :shock:

Luckily, I can get away with the gear side of things by referring to her latest shoe purchase. That normally buys me enough time to leg it out the door to the shed !!

Cheers,

Martin
(Sitting here oiling my spoon) :eek:):

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
bambodoggy said:

No worries guys, would be great to have more ladies along, sort of civilise things.

Unfortunately our silence costs more than £20 Phil!! :wink: :nana:

brucemacdonald

Forager
Jul 5, 2004
right here
And when your lady wife is interested in bushcraft, she will become even more keen to part with your hard-earned on new kit than you.

This is certainly the case with me and Liz (BigCat). Hello luv! :wave:

B

Bob Hurley

Congratulations to you both! My wife is still recovering from back surgery, but I'm hoping she'll start going with me again when she's better.

As far as loss of solitude, I've often heard that a true Native American man can take three steps into the woods and vanish. You'll soon know why that is an important skill. :lol:

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Jules my wife loves bushcrafty stuff. She commandeered my Bison bushcraft till I promised to get her a Lapp Puukko :eek:):

Now we're both happy campers :super:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE