Go-Outdoors - Customer Service

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
I'm not sure if I am allowed to make a post re customer services issues here, but in this case I thought it was a case of "credit where credit is due" (moderator please move if in wrong section).

I had a bit of a time consuming (and at personal cost to me) disappointment regarding an unfulfilled order that I placed with Go-Outdoors, and was sufficiently peed off to make a complaint to customer services department.

After a few emails, I received a nice apology along with the item being sent to my home free and with no postage charge, GO also included a generous gift voucher and a free annual renewal of Go-Outdoors discount card.

Initially I had been of a mind to forget using GO in the future, ( in-store staff did not seem to have the where-with-all to resolve the issue), but fair do's to GO, their customer services were able to resolve the matter.

Good customer service always pays off.
I am now sufficiently re-assured that GO will resolve a difficulty if given sufficient opportunity to do so.

I am once again happy to be a GO customer.

It is nice when things work out well in the end, special thanks to
Clare Kiely, Customer Services Manager at GO.

rorymax

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good to hear it all resolved fine goodjob

When it come stop posting things on BcUK there's not problem with posts like this, we like to hear positive things, usually we have an issue if someone joins just to have a whine about someone or something :D Glad this worked out for you.

Robmc

Nomad
Sep 14, 2013
St Neots Cambs
I have also had a good experience with GO customer services in the past. They couldn't have been more apologetic/helpful, and compensated me with a free Rab Summit 900 sleeping bag!

Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
Good to hear about decent Customer Service.

Too often you get the opposite. I had a complaint about a Hot Tuna rucksack that was my nipper's pride and joy, but Hot Tuna just ignore emails. They stink.

Around the same time I had a minor query with Moonraker Knives and they were brilliant, resolving it instantly.

My experience is that a lot of people are quick to sound off when stuff goes wrong, but say nowt when they get some good service, so fair play to you.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
That is the way of the world in my opinion, monkeys on the ground, and people who actually know what they are doing paying off people who complain. I think it's a business model for company's like tesco and curry's etc who make vast profits by shoddy staff training and treatment, high turnover warehouse shops. If you go in cotswold you get terrible information off the staff. According to cotwolds, regulator stoves and liquid feed stoves are to do with working at altitude, even though at lower pressures the gas in a stove is more inclined to come out of the cartridge, and everest has a terrible litter problem, including gas cannisters. I can only wonder what the other fairytails about products they tell, and what misinformation they have told.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE