Glad to be here!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Hello to one and all,

To be honest I've been on the site a day now and I've only just realised that I should have started here first.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm please to have found this site and the people on it! I've already had a chat with some members both newish and lifers and I must say that I've been pleasantly surprised with the warmness of their welcome and keenness to share their knowledge with a total stranger.

I am relatively inexperienced despite being a lover of the outdoors since 11 and serving in the T.A. but I'm hoping that I can now start to rectfy this.

Paul

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
:You_Rock_

I have been on this site for a little over 24 hours and have been given so much info I really need to give up my office job, find a job in the woods and live the dream.

Cheers guys

Pib

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Thanks for the warm welcome, I love this place at least I have somewhere to go to remind of outside when i stuck inside (mainly at work but don't tell the boss).

As for my TA career, well I'm no longer a member and haven't been for a while now, left when my wife was preggers with our first. I was with the PWRR Princess of Wales Royal Regiment, which is an infantry regiment if you aren't familar with it.

I'm an officers brat, sorry about that!, so I've grown up surrounded by the army. My father retired from the Army in February reasonably senior and my step mother's even an ex-army officer., which made the tongues wag in the mess, I bet. lol.

Don't hold the above against me though. I was in the TA to retain a link with the Army in particular the PWRR as they had offered me a regular commission just after I'd met my now wife. At the time I decided the time wasn't right for me to join with such a new relationship in tow. Which is kind of a regret. Anyway, when my wife found out she was preggers I'd pretty much been looking at re-applying but with some sole searching decided that whilst I'd enjoyed growing up in the Army I didn't want it for my children. So there's my life story, my God where did that come from!! Sorry to be a bore. :D

Pib

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
:You_Rock_

Thanks! Real interesting read, shame about the regular commision not going as planned. However, I wouldnt want to be in with a family, I think. So hard dad being away for long periods, not seeing your kids grow, having to move unexpectedly, maybe even abroad and, not unimportant no sexy time fo lon time!! :D Takes a man to chose his family first!

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Thanks for that, and you're right it's tough going for all concerned I remember that my old man got shipped to the Gulf for the first Iraq war on the day of my 18th birthday which sucked hugely.

having said that I've met some cool people because of the link, my old man was stationed with the the USMC for a while whilst in the gulf and I've since met a couple of those guys who were real nice, one of my old man's best buddies is a Dutch Royal Naval Captain, again someone I wouldn't have met if it hadn't been for his service, but that's not to say our relationship isn't strained to limited contact at times. I just didn't want that I guess one lesson learnt!

Do you have a connection to the armed forces?

Pib

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
welcome fellow s.t.a.b :lmao: 3 years for me in RRW ta (armourer)
this is a great site m8 youll love it make sure to look at the meetup section
ps, ill trade a tree surgeons job for any in a nice warm office (cash either way :D ))

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Hello there seems to be a lot of us, perhaps we could start our own Company, the Bushcraft Irregulars maybe? lol

It was 6/7 Battalion at Horsham, it's funny though I was talking to my wife about it earlier and it's weird but my daughter is seven this year and I left when she was preggers with her. So it's been along time, longer than I realise sometimes I think.

As for Lyndon,'are you serious I'd swap you tomorrow, I work with a bunch of women smiling at each other whilst reaching around and inserting a very big knife. Ray would be impressed by the size of the knife this bunch use. lol. As for warm office well that's true 26c this winter, feel like I've had my summer already oh and the money is pants!. :D

Pib

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE