Gift-it-on

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
I'me quite happy to go with it, i 've had a name change, a job change and an internet provider change, so give me an update of who's sending me an il be happy to send on.........

Salix.................ex-Rangerman

Mark

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Hey Guys,

Do we have any movement on this? Would be good to be able to send my things to saddle_tramp sometime before Crimbo! :D

Yep sorry, Ive got the stuff together, Ill be able to buy packaging tommorrow so hopefully send it thursday. Ive had a hectic week of starting college, commuting and (probably) quitting so it had to take the back burner till I sorted things out.

So is it a mystery package to the next on the list?
I got the impression from the OP that a package or item is offered and whoever wants it speaks up before posting something else to pass on. This way it seems like a fair few people might be getting things they don't need that someone else could make use of.

Obviously since I'm not involved it's probably none of my business - but I did think the original idea was a bit better than the list of people getting random stuff.

Just a thought - either way though - nice idea. Sort of like Freecycle (now Realcycle I think) with an obligation to give as well as take.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
So is it a mystery package to the next on the list?
I got the impression from the OP that a package or item is offered and whoever wants it speaks up before posting something else to pass on. This way it seems like a fair few people might be getting things they don't need that someone else could make use of.

Obviously since I'm not involved it's probably none of my business - but I did think the original idea was a bit better than the list of people getting random stuff.

Just a thought - either way though - nice idea. Sort of like Freecycle (now Realcycle I think) with an obligation to give as well as take.

That was my inital plan BS - it will be clearer in the Mk2 version! ;)

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I think one at a time - will be easier to keep track of ;)

All being well i'll start it in a few days - I need to take some pic's first:rolleyes:

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Can you explain a bit clearer what this did turn into Graham? I know I've got my name down, but I've read the thread a few times and I'm still not sure what's happening? :confused:

scanker
I get the impression there's a list of names. Let's use these for example...

1 = Alan
2 = Babs
3 = Charlie
4 = Dora
5 = Eric

1st Alan sends Babs some stuff.
Then Babs sends something to Charlie
When Charlie has recieved something from Babs he sends something to Dora...
and finally when Dora has recieved her gift she sends one on to Eric.

So rather than people claiming what's on offer then offering something - it's a bit of a mystery.

I suppose it's sort of like a secret santa.

EDIT
I can't help thinking the names I've chosen there make me look a LOT older than I am. Haha.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
scanker
I get the impression there's a list of names. Let's use these for example...

1 = Alan
2 = Babs
3 = Charlie
4 = Dora
5 = Eric

1st Alan sends Babs some stuff.
Then Babs sends something to Charlie
When Charlie has recieved something from Babs he sends something to Dora...
and finally when Dora has recieved her gift she sends one on to Eric.

So rather than people claiming what's on offer then offering something - it's a bit of a mystery.

I suppose it's sort of like a secret santa.

EDIT
I can't help thinking the names I've chosen there make me look a LOT older than I am. Haha.

Bingo !!:D

saddle_tramp

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 13, 2008
West Cornwall
i cant speak for others, but whatever ncarvajal sends me, i shall treasure, and wouldnt dream of simply sending on to the next in line. (tho there was a folding poncho doing the rounds earlier in the thread lol) i have no idea what i may get, but i already have your goodies prepared scanker, just waiting for my turn

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Ah I was thinking it was like a postal geo-cache, you take out something you find useful, you put in something you hope others may find useful and you send it on.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I sent mine on to Natg the day I last posted on this thread, and he recieved it so not sure where we up to now.

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
well i havent received anything from RM so i am going to assume its been lost in transit, i will contact Rangerman 180 and post my stuff on.

Adam.

i have tried to contact rangerman 180, the system tells me they dont exist ???????? any ideas folks. if anyone knows anything could they pm me the details please, cheers

Adam.

well i havent received anything from RM so i am going to assume its been lost in transit, i will contact Rangerman 180 and post my stuff on.

Adam.

i have tried to contact rangerman 180, the system tells me they dont exist ???????? any ideas folks. if anyone knows anything could they pm me the details please, cheers

Adam.

Hi Dingo, are you not recieving from greg and sending to RM (now Salix)?

:)

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
hi bodge

was unaware that RM180 had changed his name to salix, and as for greg i haven't received anything so i thought i'd best just carry on, perhaps lost in the post!

i will contact Salix and take it from there, if there is no response it looks like you'll bee the lucky recipient.

Adam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE