Ghillie kettle group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Hi chiseller,
I am replying to your post, firstly I do not own the Mkettle I'm in partnership with the US guy who designed it so my margins are not so great
and forgot to ask him if I could offer the 15%.
Secondly the Guy selling on Amazon might not be VAT registered I am.

Regards
Steve Ghillie Kettles.

Thanks for the personal reply Steve. Fair play to you on the margins line. As for vat registered, he might not be turning over enough to warrant being vat registered?
I still believe it's a poor carrot that's being dangled as far as the mkettle goes. For a parcel that is sub 1kg, perhaps you could have considered knocking a couple of quid from postage on the mkettle.

I wasn't in the market for a mkettle, till the prospect of obtaining one cheap arose. Then of course, the market is checked to confirm a 'good deal'.
Due to your response, it pitched me away from purchasing one via this group buy. So much so that it has made me look towards your rivals. Why not support another small business? Especially with it having a US slant on it anyway. So as I said "I'm aht" and will be going for a Backcountry Boiler or a Kelly kettle.

Thank you again and wish you well for your companies success.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Ah, the dreaded VAT bites again. I'm real happy with the MKettle, 1.0 and 1.5L Ghillies I have, good job! I'm mulling over the idea of some accessories.

Thanks Sandbag47 for all the effort. You can't please all of the people all of the time.

Ta, Phil
My posts arnt in away a dig or grumble at sandbag so why 'chip in' with your can't please line? V,, ;)

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Hi Chiseller,

LOL!! Call me a fool but aren't Backcountry Boiler American? and won't the postage be a lot more?
Aye, they are, but as you've said, the mkettle has a U.S designer, so surely he profits from each unit. If a portion of my money is going U.S, then "in for a penny, in for a pahnd"
The extra cost is not off putting for a different product. No postage if it's brought over in person or via a friend.
As for LOL, it's hard not to show me lots of love..... It's the price I pay for my handsome looks ;) or is it laugh out loud? Damn :eek: lol ;)
Well back to the grindstone, sed me bit, Gud Elth :thumbup:

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Fellas, albeit a group buy, presumably this still should be treated as a sales thread. The original question by Chis IMHO was valid, as was sandbags reply.

Everything else relating to pricing, and people chipping in, is in danger of derailing a "sales" thread. Carry the discussion on somewhere else, or leave it :)

2p :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Chiseller. You asked me a question and you got an answer you then insulted the people I am doing this GB with because you didn't like the answer you got. That is an insult to me and remember I will be doing more GB's if the future?
You seem to have made this an issue because you didn't your own way and thats put a taint on this GB. So I am asking you to please be an adult and stop! If you don't like you price of something you don't have to buy it. And please don't start on other folk or I will ask mods to get involved.

Last edited:

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
O' thanks Trunks I didn't notice you had put a comment before my last post.

Now please can this get back to just being a group buy

I have just been onto phone to Ghillie kettle and he would like to appegise for getting involved. He was a bit upset at being At being called after allowing this GB.

Last edited:

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Man of Tanith...........................Mkettle
earthToSimon...........................Mkettle
Max whitlock...........................Mkettle
andyc54..................................Anodised explorer with full kit

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Man of..........................Mkettle

Ok guys 11 people in the GB onlky 1 to go :)

Last edited:

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Man of..........................Mkettle
adriatikfan........................Mkettle

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Yes ok mate not a problem.

Ok folks back down to 10. This. GB's Turning into a roller coaster with all the UPS and downs

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton

I have just been speaking with Steve from ghillie kettles about a few things and he has turned around and said that he is not bothered about the '12' anymore. So guys you can get your kettle when you want now, next month, whenever. upto the end of November that is :)

So I will send out payment details to all of you and you can pay me when you like. Sooner you py sooner you get your kettles.

On that point the Mkettles will have to wait a few days as the away being anerdised at the moment but should be in by next week

I think I might have a good Monday for once :)

Ok folk have a good day all

Sandbag47 :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE