German slingshot guy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I've just tried to read that thread, but got this message.

crosslandkelly, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

We are working on areas of bushcraft uk and so you might not have access to this area at this time. Full Members of bushcraft uk (via subscription) should have access to all articles and reviews, if you do not please contact us via the contact link.
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Has the thread been closed, or am I missing something.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Over zealous moderation, if it was closed because of content IMO.

Regular mainstream news channels show similiar levels of suffering as the results of accidents, or worse, violent acts perpetrated by one person against another.

Last edited:

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Over zealous moderation, if it was closed because of content IMO.

Regular mainstream news channels show similiar levels of suffering as the results of accidents, or worse, violent acts perpetrated by one person against another.

I suspected that was the case. I guess it's because we are a "Family friendly" forum. Thanks Dave.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
I'm sorry about that, it was a bit grisly.
Joerg Spave also has it up on his own YouTube page.
He does some really entertaining videos but this looks serious.
Happy trails...torc.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
From the conversation in the Mods it was felt that any site showing not just the image the OP intended folks to link to, but female violation, etc., was just not suitable for here.

You're adults, if you really want to find it, go look for it; most of us don't think that kind of extra helpings though is something we want to unsuspectingly open up. Two of the reports called the site 'nasty'.
I'll take their word for it.

Toddy

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Well yeh, I suppose youre right, not something I'd want my kids to see. But, its the reality of the web age we live in unfortunately.:(

Exactly: not something you'd want your kids to see ... Tony's kids are online aswell, just like the kids of other members. And they think exactly like you: they don't want their kids to see it. Hence our orders are strict: remove all this kind of stuff, so BCUK remains a safe place for kids to hang out.

It's often forgotten we're a family friendly website.

It's even more often forgotten there are kids on here.

Overzealous moderation?

Yeah, it's easy to put it down on the Mods I give you that - but before you do: you might want to reconsider whether or not there was a breach of the regs. Threads or posts get pulled for a reason. If it happens: don't start a new discussion. PM a Mod or Admin, and they'll get back to you if you ask nicely.

Mods have to deal with a lot of :tongue-ti:tapedshut stuff behind the scenes, most get dealt with well before it's noted by you lot.

Some more respect for these volunteers is well in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE