German Army Mountain Pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
This is a typical load. I always thought the cord around the opening would wear out but it's still going strong.
attachment.php

The only change I made was adding a pouch on the top of the pack. My way of keeping track of my thumb drives. The pack goes with me every day and when I close the pack, I always check the pouch for my thumb drives.

attachment.php

I have another one I use as a range bag. :)

Attachments

• garuk2b.jpg
    garuk2b.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 152
  • garuk1b.jpg
    garuk1b.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 151

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
I realise this is an old thread but just browsing through the forum and found it.

I have been using mine for around 3 years and love it! I don't think (unless I missed it) that anybody has mentioned the folding sleeping mat that is designed to go with this bag in the sleeve/pocket in the main compartment? Certainly no good for sleeping on, it's only about 2mm thick! It does make a great kneeling pad and adds a bit of structure to the bag. Anybody else have one?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hoodoo kindly sent me one as a gift and I use it quite a bit, I've not got the sleeping mat but I use the sleeve for my laptop :D It's a great bag

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I realise this is an old thread but just browsing through the forum and found it.

I have been using mine for around 3 years and love it! I don't think (unless I missed it) that anybody has mentioned the folding sleeping mat that is designed to go with this bag in the sleeve/pocket in the main compartment? Certainly no good for sleeping on, it's only about 2mm thick! It does make a great kneeling pad and adds a bit of structure to the bag. Anybody else have one?

Yes, I use it as a base to stop punctures under my inflatable mat ans for sitting or knelling on. Good bit of kit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE