gerber ultimate survival knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 3, 2014
glasgow
Hey folks I don't know if this has been posted before but what are your views on the bear grylls Gerber ultimate survival knife this is the one with the serrations on the blade?

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Opinions are mixed, but most people I know who have handled/used one are fairly impressed.
There is a pretty extensive review on the knife on BCUK somewhere, which was quite positive.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
I have the fine edge version, iv gotta say it's a great knife!! I am a big bear grylls fan but that's not the reason I got it!! I had a real bargain with it. But I do have to say, I wish it wasn't bright orange in places lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
its a sharp bit of metal other than that, is the handle comfortable for the tasks you want to put it through or is the steel something you can sharpen easily in the field/at home is all you need to ask yourself

beyond that its about what you like the look of

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Isn't it funny how people's tastes and wishes are different, the bright orange on it is one of the things that attracts me to it lol :)

Yeah your absolutely spot on!!

For me in a nutshell, if I had to pick one knife of mine to take camping or for a hard weekend away it would be the bg knife as it's such a work horse!!

If you really like the orange then you will love the knife!! Really comfy in the had, feels nice and solid and it sharpens easily!!

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
If you really like the orange then you will love the knife!! Really comfy in the had, feels nice and solid and it sharpens easily!!

I've got three or four basic Mora knives all in bright orange that I use at work, they work the same as dull coloured knives but don't get lost and/or nicked as much lol

My oldest son is a big BG fan and his favourite colour is orange so we got him the BG penknife for his 5th birthday along with the matching head torch and fire striker for Christmas a couple of months later, he was pleased to be upgraded from his round nosed Opinal he had before. We've said he can have the fixed blade BG knife when his hand is big enough to use it safely so it's good to hear it's a half decent knife. In the meantime, he seems very adept at getting me to allow him to use my bison neck knife as its a perfect sized fixed blade for him to learn on lol :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE