Gear made in Europe and the UK.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
What about some of terra nova stuff. For years the mountaineering tents were still made in UK.

PHDesigns use Polish down and make at least some of their stuff in the UK. Quality down kit.

Isn't there a paramo type waterproof manufacturer based in Scotland. Cioch and Slioch i think are two such companies IIRC.

Alpkit still make some of their kit in the UK. All custom stuff like the stingray frame bag for bikepacking.

Anyone know where Howies in Wales make their kit?

What about EDZ? They make clothing for bikers but also general outdoor use. Think they make in the UK.

New balance sports shoes make some products in UK factory including walking shoes and boots.

Can't think of anyone else but i do vaguely remember another outdoor clothing company in Cornwall that started with clothing for surfers but produced paramo kit too. Can't remember the name. All UK made kit though.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Finnisterre make stuff for outdoors in Devon. That was who i was thinking of. Not quite bushcraft but some clothing the might suit bushcrafters.

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
Harkila, Berghaus, Fjallraven and Hultafors are China made, so of the list.

Thanks for the great response here!

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
I looking for someone who wants to put this info in excel!? I have spend some time already on this, would be greatly appreciated

on request made in USA:

GFredAsbell (my favorite find!! ) http://gfredasbell.com/gfa_wool_clothing.php#2 USA
Empire Wool and Canvas https://empirecanvasworks.com/ USA
Bushcraft Outfitters USA
Catahoula Manufacturing (USA)
Hill People Gear (USA)
Walking Foot Gear (USA)
White River Knife & Tool (USA)
Epiphany Outdoor Gear (the Pocket Bellows guys) (USA)
Adventure Sworn Bushcraft Co. USA
Adirondack Wilderness Co USA
AA Forge Custom Knives USA
Fiddleback Outpost USA
Esee knives
Bark River Knives and Tools
Carhartt Workwear (US made line) (US Canvas Duck Cloth line) (love it!!) Union Made USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiLkfttHcfY
Orvis Rods (pricier ones) USA

Treibacher Industrie (Austria)
AustriAlpin (Austria)
Wm Smith & Son (UK)

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
RedWing footwear : found one style made in US, the rest made in China or Vietnam.
One is Assembled in USA from foreign bits. That could mean anything I guess. A North Korean made shoe put (by a worker in the US) in a North Korean box?
Checked yesterday.

andywragg

Forager
Jun 9, 2016
Sheffield UK
My Hultafors Axe is made in Sweden (Where does China come into it) using american Hickory timber for the shaft. The knives use Japanese steel but are made in Sweden also.

thehobbit

Jan 17, 2017
Czech Rep.
Many interesting tips here - thank you for putting them together..
For my personal uses I try to get local as much as possible, but when it is not possible or (budget-wise) reasonable, I am fine with buying a "responsibly" made products manufactured elsewhere, by companies that at least proclaim to care for the planet and it's workers.. UK brands like Paramo or Millican come into this equation for example...

But to add something here - I have been recently researching light / ultralight sleeping bags, there are several "local" manufacturers:
Sir Joseph here in Czech Republic www.sirjoseph.cz (also excellent down jackets, mitts....)
Cumulus in Poland (IIRC) is good for down bags as well

then there is "Prima" brand making excellent synthetic bags here.. www.prima-spacaky.cz

Tilak is a local manufacturer of outdoor clothing, they also have a line of products from Ventile www.tilak.cz

andywragg

Forager
Jun 9, 2016
Sheffield UK
I've only ever seen mention that the knives are Made in China, which for the price did not surprise me but if you have info on their origins being Sweden please provide a link

The axes come from the oldest axe foundry - 1697 i believe in Hults Bruk, Sweden. I don't have the retail packaging for my GK/OK1 any longer, and it isn't stamped on the knives so I can't refute the China link.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Most Bahco stuff is made in Europe.

SNA Europe has manufacturing sites all over, 1 in Portugal, 4 in Spain, 1 in France, 1 in UK, 3 in Sweden and 1 in Belarus.

Bramley, UK is where Bahco bandsaw blades are made.

Reactions: Mr Morris777

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE