G'day

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tuscor

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2014
Bristol
Hello forum folks!

Quick introduction as recommended in the 'welcome to the forums' email. My names Xavier (or Tuscor depending on if I am me or my internet avatar/personna). I've recently moved to the UK from Adelaide, South Australia and I'm living in Bristol. Its not as crazy as it sounds - my partner is from Ireland but when we looked into moving there, the job situation was a bit scary - so we got as close as we could for now.

I'm an avid outdoorsman, have camped, fished and hunted my whole life. I'm enjoying learning about foraging and fishing in the UK (so much more available here compared to hot and dry SA!) - I've already sampled wood ear mushrooms, ramsons, multiple blackberry creations (crumble, pie) and have my eyes on a few other things. I expect I'll be utilising this forum's expertise when it comes to some identification issues!

I've been 'lurking' here for a few months now, but thought that with the weather getting better and a few camping trips on the horizon it would be a good time to register and get active in the community. Who knows... maybe I'll even be able to get to the moot...

Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Tusc

Last edited:

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Good morning Xavier welcome to the forum from another new guy. My wife and I are planning to move back to the UK. So you've had pies made from wild fruit. Tastes great doesn't it? I used to gather wild rose hips and take them home for hip syrup and tea. Welcome mate enjoy the UK outdoors, I miss it.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Welcome. Lived in Adelaide for a while my self, was nice.
Luckily for us you will find much less bitey stingy stuff over here when out camping.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE