Game of Thrones

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I agree, though i've seen the first 3 seasons about 6 times, the 4th twice, and 5th and 6th once, so i reckon 4 to 6 is on the cards again

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
This season has been a slow burn... but seeing the last 3 episodes has made it worth the wait... the story telling has paid off and well, Arya... where the devil did that come from?!?

Very much looking forward to what happens on both sides of the wall... now that we know more about the wall.... if the Battle of the Bast*rds is anything to go by, it is going to be something to be remembered with the final battle.

Kind of knew Cersi was going to get revenge, but again... brutal.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
This popped up over on FB which gave me a right good laugh :lmao::lmao:

lannister1.png

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Its only with this latest episode though that it became obvious to me that George Martin wrote Game of Thrones by opening an English history book and using a piece of tracing paper :p

Don't get me wrong, it's fantastically translated and adapted, but Cersei nicked her playbook from Mary 1... Robert Baratheon = Henry VIII... there are dozens of comparisons with historical events, not to mention the names of the two warring families... but does that mean the fiery red-head from the north will sit on the throne happily for 45 years?

I hadn't realised until recently how heavily Tolkien 'borrowed' from Scandinavian folklore... seems that our best stories are adaptations of things that really happened. Well... give or take a dragon or two :p

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
One thing is for sure; Daenerys is going to need those dragons if she is going to take on Cercei!

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
True, but in what other job might you turn up to work to find out you die today?

GoT does seem to kill a lot of its most popular characters in some particularly gruesome ways... and its extremely entertaining for it. I've rewatched the last couple of episodes of the last season several times because they're just that good.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Check out 'stranger things' Dewi. You'll love it, your kids will too. :D

Right thats my third and final plug for that show.

Last edited:

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I've searched for it, but it doesn't appear on any of my channel listings... maybe we're subscribed the wrong sort of network :p

My wife has been watching You, Me and the Apocalypse which is supposed to be good... I'm too busy watching my films.

Speaking of which, Who's Harry Crumb? is on my rewatch list for today... a stupidly daft John Candy comedy from the 80s.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE