Game of Thrones.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Thanks for that Steve, iv just had a quick read of the plot summery and it appears there is a Lot in that book that hasn't happened yet.

Unless it happens in the last episode.

So would I be right in thinking a feast for crows is series 4? Or doesn't it quite work that way?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Thanks for that Steve, iv just had a quick read of the plot summery and it appears there is a Lot in that book that hasn't happened yet.

Unless it happens in the last episode.

So would I be right in thinking a feast for crows is series 4? Or doesn't it quite work that way?

The series broadly follows the books but as you point out a lot has been cut out or adapted.

In an interview Martin said that 4 characters that were murdered at the Red Wedding in the TV adaptation weren't killed in his books and went on to be a part of the story line. Going to be interesting to see how that get over that in later episodes, probably by cutting them out entirely :rolleyes:

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
There's certainly lots of instances of characters in the TV show being given story lines from different characters in the book. Tywin Lannister at Harrenhall springs to mind. But that's fine, there's so many Ser's in the books plot it got horribly convoluted.

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
I am reading the second book at the moment and I recall that Tywin Lannister was at Harrenhal for a time before he marched South to Kings Landing

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I am reading the second book at the moment and I recall that Tywin Lannister was at Harrenhal for a time before he marched South to Kings Landing

I meant with Ayra as his cupbearer, I seem to recall that was Roose Bolton. I may be wrong though its been a couple of years since I read them. Just kept the plot line simpler I guess to have Tywin take Roose's roll.

Last edited:

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
I meant with Ayra as his cupbearer, I seem to recall that was Roose Bolton. I may be wrong though its been a couple of years since I read them. Just kept the plot line simpler I guess to have Tywin take Roose's roll.

Yep see what you mean - they must make it more dramatic for the watcher!!!!!!!!!!

ashby001

Forager
May 24, 2013
Faversham
Not watched the tv series as of yet but have read all the available books, took me about 4 months from christmas to read them all, and I wish I had read slower as George RR Martin takes ages to write the books :(
For all those who have seen up to the end of season 2 have you seen this. Absolutly cracking IMO
WARNING DO NOT WATCH IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN SEASON 1 + 2 AS IT DOES CONTAIN A COUPLE OF SPOILERS!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rapo0h-RDnk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE