Future, what future?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
likey likey

i used to have a sorta philosophy thing that kept me from constantly worrying about the end of the world, but i can't remember what it was.

which is a pain, cos i worry a lot about everything except the nuke plant down the road from my parents' house. which you can't really afford to worry about, cos there's nothing to be done about it

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Me and the wife retire in five and a half years, no mortgage, good pensions, and we are off, don't know where yet, could be Portugal, could be New Zealand, one thing for sure, we ain't staying on this crowded rock being dictated to by the loud mouthed minorities anymore.

Back on topic, two children should be enough in this day and age for any couple, yes couple, as I'm being controversial I don't much believe in single parent families from choice, or at least single parents who have no input and active support by the birth partner, children need a mom and a dad.

For those who think I'm wrong let me say I couldn't care less.

conversation i once had in a chemists

me: pack of durex please

chemist: going on holiday are you?

me: sorry?

chemist: wee trip to amsterdam is it?

me: uuh . . .

and so i went to boots instead.

this brush with stunning ignorance did not however lead to overpopulation.

later in the month i learned you could get them free from the NHS, so i had to go to the "wellwoman clinic" and put "mr" in a field that gave me a choice of "mrs, miss, ms"

which just goes to show that even hyper PC aware institutions like the NHS believe birth control to be the sole responsibility of the female. men are just supposed to go around shagging anything that'll let them and to hell with the consequences. obviously it's an attitude that's rooted in biology and so on, but we really could do better i think.

coincidentally, they came in a paper bag with balloons and streamers printed on it, anyone would've thought i'd been to the sweetie shop

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
That's both offensive and hilarious in equal measure! where I used to live it was called the "family planning" clinic, as in "come here for condoms if you're not planning on starting a family." Never thought to check if there was a "Mr" field though... never saw any men there...

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Any guy or gal who leaves it to his/her partner of the moment, be it male or female to provide condoms is an idiot. It takes two to tango so to speak. A lot of places will give out standard condoms, flavoured condoms and even dental dams sometimes, your local drug support group may offer this service if you can't afford to buy them.

Sexually transmitted disease is really on the increase, HIV infection is too yet looking around where I live and the amount of young girls with one or two children in tow, it appears the"Safe Sex" message has all but been forgotten, the result of which often can lead to infection, death or children bringing up babies.

A couple of minutes of non protected fun can lead to a terminal interest in bushcraft and everything else for that matter.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
The youngsters on this forum will be pleased to know that I have a bottle of hemlock ready so that I do not become a burden - oh, hang on, that's illegal!!

The real problem is, will I be sane enough to remember to take it?

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Well, the last time I asked for free condoms (this was at the surgery and not some new fangled health centre or clinic)

They said those were for teenagers.

I said I was a teenager, been a teenager donkeys years.

And I got given a purple packet with condoms in.

and lube.

I wonder what teenagers are doing in my village? (or maybe I shouldnt think about this.)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE