Fungi ID please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Here's one to identify, found in a heavily grazed horse field. On it own. No distinctive smell. No staining when bruised/cut. Smooth slightly shiny skin almost like egg shell. Stalk wet when sliced in two.
fungi1.jpg

fungi2.jpg

fungi3.jpg

fungi4.jpg

fungi5.jpg

fungi6.jpg

fungi7.jpg

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Lovely clear photos.

Do you have a spore print colour? I don't know where to look other wise, unless someone can up with a good suggestion.

It is not field mushroom or amanita, maybe melanoleuca evenosa, but I am proper guessing.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
ha thats the one thing i forgot to do was a spore print. I left it on white paper over night and i suspect it will show nothing as i think they will be white.
edit yes as much as they can be seen on white paper they look to be a cream colour. i have now put it on a dark piece of paper and we shall see.

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
My encyclopedia would indicate volvariella volvacea as a likely candidate - straw mushroom. But that is just a guess - there are a lot of these models that do look alike :)

-Emile

stevemreid

Nov 27, 2007
Ayr
You should send them your pics. Yours mushroom is much better looking than the tatty looking ones they have on the website at the moment!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE