Fundamental Bushcraft course 11-17 June

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
Just done mine...there are lots of links around and you'd be well advised to filter out all the advice - it's worth it's weight in gold!

Best one I came across was dont' forget to take a pair of gardening gloves (even better if they are slightly insulated - got mine from homebase!) which are invaluable. :bluThinki

check out http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=13191

and lots of others!!!

You'll LOVE it! :D Give Netty, Bob and the guys a big hug from me! :grouphug:

Phil

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Yeah i saw that. I cant say i envied you the weather. If its any consolation (which im sure it isnt) I was standing in a thunderstorm in full plate armour listening to the sound of hail(!!!) pinging off my helmet while you were snug in a debris shelter (as if).
Still I'm really looking forward to this having had to cancel once last year due to a broken ankle.

Cheers

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
take a couple of trout with you (for spatchcocking) in case they dont feed you and tuck your vest in if its cold. good luck mate and enjoy yourself :D

Just completed this course a few weeks ago. Had a great time. if Netty is taking the course, remind her about the Guy from Northern Ireland that made over 12 metres of cordage. Best advice is to take a folding 3 leg stool, as sitting on a log for a week in murder on the backside. Enjoy every minute of it. I know I did, and get the email address of everyone on the course. it's fun to keep in touch with everyone afterwards.

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
Celt_Ginger said:
Just completed this course a few weeks ago. Had a great time. if Netty is taking the course, remind her about the Guy from Northern Ireland that made over 12 metres of cordage. Best advice is to take a folding 3 leg stool, as sitting on a log for a week in murder on the backside. Enjoy every minute of it. I know I did, and get the email address of everyone on the course. it's fun to keep in touch with everyone afterwards.

HAHA! Know what you mean about the numb backside! :D One of those small walking/camping foam pads are invaluable. Have your fingers turned back to a normal colour yet Celt_Ginger from making the cordage? I did 11 metres. There was one guy in our group who did 20!!! :eek:

Phil

20m of cordage, good Lord. He must have stayed up all night! Strangely, my fingers did turn a sort of yellow brown colour, almost like a nicotine stain, yet I don't smoke. I eventually got the ingrained dirt off my hands after almost a week, and now, 4 weeks later, the hard skin I built up on my fingers from working with the knife all week has just started tp peel.

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
Celt_Ginger said:
20m of cordage, good Lord. He must have stayed up all night! Strangely, my fingers did turn a sort of yellow brown colour, almost like a nicotine stain, yet I don't smoke. I eventually got the ingrained dirt off my hands after almost a week, and now, 4 weeks later, the hard skin I built up on my fingers from working with the knife all week has just started tp peel.

I've decided to try and keep mine and I'm swabbing my hands with surgical spirit....I'm sure the wife will be happy about that (NOT!)!! :D

Phil

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE