FTGH: handmade leather strop

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
To celebrate my switching to Maker, I'm giving away this leather strop as an Easter gift. UK only, 'cos of the postage. :)

It is the upper one in the picture, the one with tooling along the length of the strop.

It is made from 3.5mm veg-tan leather, with a solid brass D-ring at one end (to hold in your hand) and a paracord loop at the other (e.g. to hook over a branch). Size (approx) 1.25" by 12".

strop_03.jpg

PM me if you are interested. I'll check my PMs first thing Tuesday morning when I get back into work and I'll do a random draw from all the replies (if there are any!)...so no need to rush to PM me straight away.

Geoff

Last edited:

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Just acknowledging the six PMs I've had so far, still time for more. Thanks for all the nice messages you've sent. Just to confirm, draw will take place Tuesday morning and will be completely random (as much as can be).

Have a good Easter weekend.

Geoff

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Sorry, chaps, the odds are going down. :( 16 interested so far. Still, it's better odds than the National Lottery. Then again, one of my strops isn't worth millions! :D

Geoff :)

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
To avoid acknowledging individually all who have put their names forward, here's a list of all the requests so far. Please let me know if you think your name should be on the list. I'll keep updating this up to Tuesday morning.

Wild Thing
Limaed
Andy2112
bushcraft_lad
Barn Owl
Chambers
tomatoevousparler
Nagual
Asa Samuel
hiraeth
The Cumbrian
hiho
Wilderbeast
dave53
Opal
snozz
Mang

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
We're now up to a few more. Only a day to go!

Wild Thing
Limaed
Andy2112
bushcraft_lad
Barn Owl
Chambers
tomatoevousparler
Nagual
Asa Samuel
hiraeth
The Cumbrian
hiho
Wilderbeast
dave53
Opal
snozz
Mang
Whittler Kev
shogun
Jaysurfer
crushthesystem
TeeDee

Geoff

Last edited:

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
OK, I'm now in work, so I'm going to do the random draw. Back later with the result.

Just to say thanks for all the nice comments from both the entrants and from the others who commented without entering the draw.

Yes, I would say to someone doing a similar thing that it is generous, but it's all part of "one good turn deserves another". I've gained a lot of advice and information from this site, I've made some good friends (even if I haven't met them all in person), I've had some good bargains, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I've had my share of freebies.

So to all of you out there: :You_Rock_. Keep up the spirit of BCUK and may that spirit pervade all the other areas of your life.

Geoff

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
OK - the results are in.

I did the draw as a knockout, using Excel's RANDBETWEEN function. All the 22 entrants were listed, RANDBETWEEN generated a number between 1 and 22, and the one that was picked was eliminated. I then did the same with the remaining 21 names, and so on until there were just two left and the winner is...

...Chambers. If you can PM me your address, I'll get the strop sent off to you.

Sorry to the rest of you, but thanks for your interest.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE