Frost's Mora Modification

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hardworms

May 23, 2007
Huddersfield
Hi all, here are a few pictures of a new knife I've been working on as a gift for my younger brother. It's a modification of a Frost's Mora (classic bushcraft staple) in walnut with brass bar bolts and mild steel faux tang (epoxied to the real tang). I'm not 100% happy with it, but it's been a great exercise it what not to do!
It's currently winging its way to Lawrence Duggan, AKA Rapidboy, for a new sheath.
Any thoughts, comments, criticism or suggestions would be very welcome.

Josh

Photo0172.jpg

Photo0171.jpg

Photo0173.jpg

Photo0176.jpg

Here you can see the joint between the blade and the mild steel. I think it could have been better.

Photo0177.jpg

I got a bit over-enthusiastic when I was cutting it out. But I think these blemishes add character.

Photo0180.jpg

Hardworms

May 23, 2007
Huddersfield
been thinking of doing something similar for my girlfriend. Someone stupidly let her use a Ray Meres knife, which suited her smaller hands. Now muggings here needs to find a cheaper alternative.
I made the handle pretty narrow as my brother has small hands (just like all the men in my family). It's worth doing. The Mora is a great blade, just needs a handle that does it justice. Go for it, and when you do let me know how it turns out.

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
H.W. Send that knife to Mora. They should see it. You might have to tell them what the handle is made out of -- I don't think they will recognize that organic stuff you used! lol.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE