Frost River Packs???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Theo01

Mar 7, 2006
Gloucestershire, UK
I'm a big fan of traditional canvas packs - Duluth make excellent kit, and I'm a big fan.

I'm not, however familiar with Frost River. Are they of the same company? Do they use similar materials?

Any opinions/ experience of this brand would be much appreciated.

There's a 'nesmuk pack' on ebay (no connection with seller btw) - could go cheap, so is it worth it, or should I steer clear?

Who sells these in the UK?

Cheers.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
of very similar quality to Duluth (have both) I think I prefer my Frost River kit to Duluth. Watching the ebay guy, it wont go cheap! No-one sell them in the UK

HTH

Alan

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
love my frost river timber cruiser pack, great bit of kit if you dont mind trading modern design & (possibly) comfort for a more traditional feel and natural materials of canvas and leather like the duluth. i will say they are brilliantly designed and manufactured hand made i think?

difficult to get in the UK i ordered mine from the states (tax makes my life hell) so if your interested ebay is a good find!

They have just brought out a new 'bushcraft' pack that looks rather tastey worth looking it up, im sure there is a thread or two on it somewhere!

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
If I recall correctly I think I heard that some of the Frost River guys used to work for Duluth before going independent.

Could be wrong about that, but the kit is of very good quality.

This is exactly what happened. Duluth Pack was sold and the new owner eliminated some old hands who, in turn, started Frost River. However, Frost River went under and I don't know who runs it now that it has come back. I do know that I have a quite a few things made by Frost River and Duluth, and all the quality that is in Duluth Pack is in Frost River. They are comparable and in fact, because FR offered all their packs in waxed cloth, this forced Duluth Pack to make similar offerings.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Thanks for confirming that my grey cells are not all dead yet Hoodoo...
oldman.gif

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
I am now in second traditional phase. :rolleyes:

I have the nessmuk pack and I love it. It is a little narrow on the shoulders so if like me you're a bit stocky, shall we say, then it will need a bit of breaking in.

Great pack though, deceptively spacious and the pockets are really handy. It's looks improve with age, much like myself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE