Frontier stove "the pig" (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Wouldn't worry about the top of the flue... the heat you'll get from the burner and the flue will be enough as long as you're not just open airing it.

You won't choke it with a coil inside... besides, you can always add an air intake to one side... slip of metal plating, rivets to the main burner, and two holes drilled for air entry. To close off the air, turn the metal plate... job done :)

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
That's it it's intended for open air lol. Thinking almost along the lines of a patio heater.

Nah don't suppose the coil would choke it to any major extent. Possibly have it inside the combustion chamber though

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Inside the chamber is an option, but difficult to do... a quick coil round the first 6" of flue though, easy peasy :)

To expand on the air intake, shouldn't take more than two 3/4 inch holes, metal plate riveted in the centre and spins over to cover the holes... not sure on positioning though.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Inside the chamber is an option, but difficult to do... a quick coil round the first 6" of flue though, easy peasy :)

To expand on the air intake, shouldn't take more than two 3/4 inch holes, metal plate riveted in the centre and spins over to cover the holes... not sure on positioning though.
I was looking at keeping it simpler still with a stiff hinge on the door and just open and close to regulate air flow

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Ahh you're railing it down... forgot.

How far is Sunderland from Leeds?
Couple of hours drive, train takes a similar time. Far as I know I'm meeting Wacker in Manchester so it's only a couple of hours on the train too

90 miles there abouts to leeds

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Manchester? Thats the opposite direction to where we're camping???

Let me do some calcs... I may have an early morning drive up to pick you up if you like?

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Manchester? Thats the opposite direction to where we're camping???

Let me do some calcs... I may have an early morning drive up to pick you up if you like?
It was just an easy to get to location close to his route mate. Hell of an offer dewi but is it not miles out of your way? Wouldn't like to put you out mate

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I like driving around... gives me an excuse to think a bit and listen to my 80s music without my kids winding me up about it :)

Train wise from Sunderland, probably better down the east coast line if you want to do the whole train thing... but looking at the route, more than happy to have a jaunt up that way.

Is Wacker coming by car... he's in Liverpool... seems daft to take two cars across the hills.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I can sympathise there lol. I have to wear headphones if I fancy anything pre 2000 and not metal when Steph is in XD

If that would be ok by you pm me and we'll work out a schedule and some fuel costs. Wackers coming by car from there aye

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Lets have a natter with Wacker as well... my roving buggy is a 7 seater, so more than enough for our gear and the three of us... makes sense to cut down on costs and all.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Lets have a natter with Wacker as well... my roving buggy is a 7 seater, so more than enough for our gear and the three of us... makes sense to cut down on costs and all.
It would make more sense like, think Wacker drives an aygo so would be a squeeze for 3 plus gear. Better off when you've got some craic for the travel too nowt more boring than a journey on your own

Wacker

Sep 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
I thought my ears were burning!

Nice stove Mick, only just seen this. Happy to jump in with you both to shiny woods like. Dewi I'll shoot you a PM

As for the appauling taste of music I wouldn't worry dewi, I listen to gangster rap almost exclusively. Not to everyone's taste :lmao:

Last edited:

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I thought my ears were burning!

Nice stove Mick, only just seen this. Happy to jump in with you both to shiny woods like. Dewi I'll shoot you a PM

As for the appauling taste of music I wouldn't worry dewi, I listen to gangster rap almost exclusively. Not to everyone's taste :lmao:

Sounds like we're on for a boys road trip here!
My knowledge of rap begins and ends circa 1990s lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE