Frontier Stove recipes required.....

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I'm off to Glencoe on Monday to do some walking. I'd usually end up eating in the pub or cooking one pot meals on a gas stove but this year I'm trying a mountaineering/bushcraft fusion theme. During the day I'll be using all the latest walking gear and at night, in the campsite, I'll be cooking on a Frontier Stove whilst wearing my woolens. What simple meals can I prepare on a Frontier Stove? I'll have 2 pots and a frying pan. I won't have a fridge but there is a local mini-mart.

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
I fried some fresh mackeral fillets in butter on my frontier stove this evening and they were superb, but i'd probably do some boil in the bag rice and tinned curry or chilli con carni with nan bread or pitta bread at Glencoe.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I have tinned curry and chilli in my camping food box and also have BITB rice. My other 'go-to' meal is tinned stewing steak with tinned peas and tinned spuds.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Rob if you can cook it at home on a stove you can cook it on a Frontier stove but for a knackered solo hill walker who don't want to spend an hour or more making food from scratch and who has no refrigeration try something like :-

Your tinned meat and veg is a fast stew (mixed veg not peas),

Try and all day breakfast omelette, fry diced sausage, bacon, mushrooms and onion in your frying pan and when cooked add four whisked eggs and top with grated cheese and fold the omelette over to melt the cheese, that will set you up for the day.

A can of chicken in white sauce (£1 a can in Iceland stores), add a dollop of Korma/madras paste and a BIB rice is another option for a cheats curry.

Corn beef, onions, peppers, mushrooms, canned butter beans, stock cube stew (not too much water) and thicken with an Ox tail cup o soup, serve with BIB rice or some pasta.

Diced pork (belly is best), dice and fry with onions, mushroom and diced potatoes add a can of baked beans when other ingredients are cooked.

Simple fast food to prep after a hard day on the hills, its not **** star but for solo camping will hit the spot for you.

Have fun and keep safe in them thar hills.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I like cooking a simple risotto on my stove, you can make it very simple by using dried ingredients like onions, or as adventurous as you like depending on what you have to hand. One pan cooking although it does take about 30-45mins to cook.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE