From Heat Records to Snowfall - Aboyne

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sheldon

Jan 2, 2012
Aboyne, Scotland!
I live in Aboyne in the north-east and last night at least six inches of snow fell overnight.

This is the view out my window, most of the snow is melting now.
3kXkP.jpg

This is certainly a change since last week we had temperatures of 23 degrees, warmer than Barcelona!

The BBC news report : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-17601709

Is this the effect of global warming? Or just stray weather from the north?

I understand this isn't so much bushcraft related but goes with the saying 'Prepare for the worst'

Last edited:

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I'm nae sure it's global warming, I just think its nature- we've not been around long enough to see all the patterns and variations. This snow is more typical of march/April than the heat wave we had last week- the bairn was in the paddling pool out the back!

Oh, and hello fae Banchory!

ATB

KP

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Bloke on radio was saying how we had snow in April on his wedding day 46 years back....cycles, nowt to do wi global wharmin etc just the great Earth Godess keeping us on our toes :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I agree, It's nothing to do with global warming. Weather is cyclical, large 300 year cycles and small 30 year cycles. I still have a photo of my parents garden in London under 2 inches of snow in the mid 70's at easter. Ok maybe 40 year cycles, I'm not a scientist.
Colin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE