Friction folder progress - Lots of pics.

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
yes its the one i designed it to use ;) 1/4" hardened stainless pivot pin (i do need to order some more they are from the USA tho )

looking good Chris

oh the lump on the end of the tang with the hex in it is to release Trollys without using a pound coin ;)

ATB

Duncan

I got a "You're not taking that to ASDA, are you?" from her in doors yesterday. Don't say I said so, but it's likely. ;-)

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Quick progress report. I ordered some 3mm stainless rod which turned you to be 3.25mm when it arrived. I was a little upset that I had to mess about finding appropriately sized drill bits and opening up the holes, but it's done now. Yesterday I glued the spacer and the two corresponding pins to one of the scales. When I arrived at work today the glue had set, so at lunchtime I glued on the remaining scale and glued the lanyard tube in place. It's now clamped and the glue is slowly curing. Hopefully, tomorrow night I'll be able to start shaping the handle, and I may even have it finished for Brockwell on Saturday. Can't wait.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Got my pivot pin, 3mm rod and tube for lanyard now. Turns out my order for the walnut did not go through though so looking at reusing old chair...

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
heyup Chris,....

you made a loveley job of this mate,....

very clean,...thanks for allowing me to handle it on saturday night,....:):)

shame you couldnt hang about longer on the sunday,...........

Stu,...

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
heyup Chris,....

you made a loveley job of this mate,....

very clean,...thanks for allowing me to handle it on saturday night,....:):)

shame you couldnt hang about longer on the sunday,...........

Stu,...

Stu, you've got exquisite taste. ;-) Didn't feel right leaving that early. Not be doing that again. I'll be hanging around a bit longer next time I think. Took a branch for a sling shot with me, so maybe a bit of target practice next time.

Hope you guys made good use of the bacon.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Looking really good. Hope to start mine at weekend. May try making out of single block of wood if can set up my table saw.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE