frey bentos

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I used to like FB pies, my gran used to make a wicked tea with pie and crinkle cut chips peas and gravy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My Mum forgot to open one before she shoved it in the oven for my brother's lunch. (Big brother's new girlfried had just phoned to talk and she was a bit distracted)
It exploded and sprayed a perfect ring around the kitchen as it blasted past the oven door seals :rolleyes: ........not recommended, we needed a new cooker, and it took a week to scrape the damned stuff off the walls and ceiling before we could redecorate.

cheers,
M

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Now that's surreal, night before last we were camping near Southampton and we shot into ASDA to grab food enough for the supper and brekfast and saw that very type.

Heres my lesson, read the label and don't be as gormless as I.

I saw the word "meal "and despite the can clearly showing pristine spaghetti with the goo on top assumed iit would be like the tinned spagetti of my youth.

Yup and they have allowed me to breed.

So supper was some rather runny goo, no spaghetti and some bread. Not very satisfying.

Incidentally it wasn't bad as such, only if compared to the real thing.

D'oh!

ATB

Tom

Last edited:

agentx

Sep 11, 2007
Berkshire
i remember my dad used to hide them from me coz he knew id eat it when i got home from a night out. trying to get the missus and kids to like them now.
as an after thought, has any of you folk ever had stuff from approvedfoods before?
chris

BarryG

Nomad
Oct 30, 2007
NorthWest England
Erm.... purely holocaust food I reckon, and even then, I think I'd rather eat my own gentlemen's vegetables first.
I used to like em as a kid though.

crwydryny

Tenderfoot
Oct 1, 2008
south wales
humm... frey bentos *drools* just make sure they're the real ones and not the cheep imitation ones (my mom bought one of them once and I was scrambling for the bleach to get the aftertaste out of my mouth)

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Prior to sailing from England just over a year ago I arranged with the local Azda manager for a bulk buy of FB pies, otherwise it would have meant clearing the shelf of the stock on display. I got some very strange looks at the checkout when I toddled up with a trolley load of pies.
There was a brief terrifying period when I almost ran out of FB's on voyage, but I was able to re-stock at Morrisons in Gibraltar..so life can go on...

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
food of the gods! the tins make a brilliant cheap plate/bowl, i always have at least one in my rucskack, they're perfect for doing bannock.

cheers

stuart

it's all they eat in the argentine, frey bentos and cheap red wine (anyone who recognises this quote should be ashamed of themselves!)

agentx

Sep 11, 2007
Berkshire
just had the "limited edition" chicken fray bentos, and ive seen better cat food. pastry was OK, but the chicken.. im sure it came from a can of cat food. just glad i didnt pay the marked price of £2.29

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE