Free Money!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Firelite

Forager
Feb 25, 2010
bedfordshire
I am desperately trying to find a Campingaz Camp'Bistro stove. I am willing to pay up to £50 cash for the right model, and since you can buy a new one from the well known catalogue shop for £20 you could upgrade your stove and make a profit too. The reason for my silly price is that I need it for a work project.

The only "catch" is that, when you turn it over, the gap between the bracket that supports the burner, and the folded edge of the case (on the side opposite to where the gas cartridge is located) needs to be around 68mm. The modern ones are only around 60mm. (Please don't modify a stove to create the gap - it has to be the original arrangement)

If you think you might have such a stove and would like to upgrade or simply sell it, then please PM me. I will arrange collection/pay for postage etc.

Please see link about 5 comments below for an explanatory picture.

Mods, I placed this on the general topic thread in order to reach more people that those just "buying and selling".

Last edited:

Firelite

Forager
Feb 25, 2010
bedfordshire
Ged, there's no massive rush, but obviously its on a first come, first served basis, so please don't make a special trip. I only need one (so long as its the right one). Thanks.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think this thread might do better in amongst the threads about stoves and such like; at least there the folks who collect them and so on should see it.

I can move it if you like ?

cheers,
Toddy

Firelite

Forager
Feb 25, 2010
bedfordshire
Toddy, Whatever you think best. I'm aiming at maximum exposure just to get hold of one as soon as reasonably practicable. It isn't a collectible sort of stove I don't think. Its more the sort of thing you leave in the back of the car for the occasional brew. Like I said, Whatever you think best.

Thanks,

Firelite.

Firelite

Forager
Feb 25, 2010
bedfordshire
petrochemicals,

No I'm still looking. there are some differences between manufacturers, although i know what you mean - they all look broadly similar. Unfortunately this one has to be the Campingaz of a particular vintage (about 4/5 years ago).

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
this any good to you ? the larger gap is 67mm and the smaller one 56mm the angle of the camera doen't show it well.

stovegap.jpg

Last edited:

Firelite

Forager
Feb 25, 2010
bedfordshire
Robbi, In view of the effort you've made I hate to say this: its close, but no cigar I'm afraid. The one I'm after has a straight edge on the bracket, just like in my images but a bit of a wider gap. Interesting though - is it a campingaz?

Firelite

Forager
Feb 25, 2010
bedfordshire
I am humbled by the efforts you have gone to Snozz, but its not the right stove, I'm really sorry. If I could award prizes for close yours would take it. The gap isn't quite the one I'm after. Your measurement looks to be about 60mm. I know it sounds picky, but I need there to be another 8mm or so in that gap. Thanks for your efforts.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE