Free Jetboil

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
HI mate did this come with the pot stand and bottle stabilizer.?

hi sorry just read this yes it came with both and also a funny smell/taste when boiling water dont know if anyone else has had this? although it seems to be getting a bit better after about 8 boils

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Does anyone know how to redeem the online mapping thingy from your subscription??

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah you have to sign up on trialzilla website(follow routes link on live for the outdoors site) then add your subscription number thats on the address sheet with your magazine it will come up you have a years access

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
I was at point of mailing when got email to say dispatched and it came next day. Only comes from P'borough so contact them Pete.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Cheers guys :)

I've been told it was dispatched last week back in April. Every week since I've got the same response. Glad you have got them, I still have hope.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
But they sent mine tracked so they would have a POD. Moaning on outdoorsmagic normally gets a response :)

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
After many phone calls to the subscriptions dept, trying to find out where the stove has got to after they swore it had been sent out multiple times, they now say the stove was never sent and I'm not entitled to one.

2 years full subscription are needed to qualify and as I paid by cheque for 12 months, the free gift is waived. Those who paid by card, expect another subscription charge to be taken next year.

I'm sure the application for the subscription said it was a years subscription needed? Not sure now as the original ad was sent off to them in good faith. If they had told me this on the phone a month ago, I would probably have paid by card instead.

Thoroughly peed off with Bauer Media. :(

Anyone else who decides to go with the free offer is advised to read the small print very carefully, and in my experience, not trust a word that they tell you.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
TGO mag are currently getting a slating on OM for once again running out of their freebies, I think it was a fancy £100 Osprey pack this time

Last edited:

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
TGO mag are currently getting a slating on OM for once again running out of their freebies, I think it was a fancy £100 Osprey pack this time

I was just reading that. Its a poor show. Seems like Bauer doesn't remember what happened to Hoover.

Looking at the subscription offer page again that was next to the form that was sent off, it clearly states that £49 is the charge for subscribing and the Jetboil. In the small print it says "the minimum term is 13 issues" - I think thats the pertinent line.

IMO, the whole thing is misleading.

Trading standards and ASA here we go.:swordfigh

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Hmmm I had a similar experience when subscribing to Bauer's 'Improve you course fishing'. The offer was a free gift of two Fox bite alarms (can't remember the model, but it was about £70 worth of tackle) they substituted them to a pair of the cheapest nastiest bite alarms you could imagine. Of course I'd failed to read the small print however it seems Bauer don't care beyond luring you in :(.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Sorry to hear that.

IIRC the terms are usually 1 year if paying by direct debit (presumably because most forget to cancel) or two years if by card or cheque (as they probably just get the one payment) an initial subscription usually is 13 issues, yes I know there are only 12 months, go figure but probably so they can reduce the average cost per issue. I think the 13 month thing is because they used to do quarterly payment. I was rather surprised back when you posted that they had accepted it by cheque :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE