Free bushcraft course.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Weekend in Dorset, Bushcrafting.
I was lucky enough to get myself onto a free bushcraft course, run by John Boe, through the BCUK forum. John has set up a bushcraft school, and wanted to do a test run with some experienced and complete novice students, to test, tweak and critique the course.
The course included,
Tarp set up.
Knife safety and use.
Making a pot hook
Saw safety and use.
Fish and game prep.(Pigeon, Rabbit and Trout.) and cooking
Fire lays, Flint and steel, Ferro rod and bowdrill.
Navigation, night and day.
Shelter building.
Snares, traps and the legalities.
Wild edibles, and plant id.
Natural cordage.
Knife sharpening and knife law.
Bannock making.
Water and purification.
John and his instructors Tom and Tim, were clear, informative and friendly, and went out of their way to make everyone comfortable. A very intense weekend and very enjoyable. I would certainly recommend this school to anyone who wants to get into bushcraft and survival.Thanks John.

013.jpg 002.jpg004.jpg012.jpg005.jpg016.jpg018.jpg020.jpg023.jpg008.jpg009.jpg007.jpg026.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Sounds like you had a cracking time Colin, great pictures too. Did you feel you learnt a lot or were you more consolidating skills you already possessed?

Looks quite chilled by the pictures,

Cheers for posting,
GB.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Sounds like you had a cracking time Colin, great pictures too. Did you feel you learnt a lot or were you more consolidating skills you already possessed?

Looks quite chilled by the pictures,

Cheers for posting,
GB.

Thanks Colin. The Friday afternoon was nice and warm, but Saturday was quite chilly. I picked up quite a few tips and tricks, and yes it was good to consolidate and improve existing skills. I do get out one weekend a month, but it really isn't enough to keep on top of new things learned. IMHO.:)

relin

Sep 29, 2010
Chesham
You forgot the chemical firelighting ;)

Just to echo Colin's review, the weekend was awesome, i really cant believe how much John packed in.

Highly recommended for anyone that either has no or little knowledge or wants to further hone their skills

Andy

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
Thanks for posting some photos Colin, it was an amazing weekend!
I'm going to post some of my thoughts about it later in the week!

johnboe522

Feb 20, 2012
lulworth
Hello Gents,

Thanks for your kind comments, I am glad you had such a good time and you found the course useful.

I will be joining BCUK as a trader in the next few days so I will be able to offer all BCUK members a discount on Wildway Bushcrafts Courses, so I hope to see a few more of you on a course!

Thanks again.

Last edited:

johnboe522

Feb 20, 2012
lulworth
Looks (and sounds) good :approve: Thank you for the report and the photos :cool:

I hope it thrives for you, John :)

cheers,
Toddy

Thanks Toddy,

I hope to be able to help guys here as much as I can, I just need to figure out how to become a trader on here!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE