found these

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rychard

Forager
Apr 20, 2007
cannock staffordshire
out walking last year found this wild hive of bees would like to try the honey not that brave
014.jpg
:mosquitos::surrender:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Brilliant :D
I take a quiet delight in following the bees and finding where they're nesting :cool: They're fascinating to watch, like an ant's nest, with all it's comings and goings.

I know *how* to take the honey, but it destroys brood too :( since there's no excluder as there is in a commercial beehive, so I haven't taken it from a thriving colony.
My brother had one in his workshop, they set up behind a drawer in an old chest of drawers that he used to store plans and the like, and when he pulled the drawer out it was half full of comb and bees :sigh:
That nest had to be destroyed and we tried the honey, it was lovely. It was a shame to destroy the nest, but sometimes they just can't be left where they are.

M

Rychard

Forager
Apr 20, 2007
cannock staffordshire
this nest is at lest 6 years old about 1 foot below this hole there is a small hole in the summer you can see the honey seeping out
found a nother nest in a old ash tree by the canal (dissused ) can sit at the picnic table and watch the bees will bee checking that one soon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE