Forum member faces the ultimate humiliation...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sounds like an accident that could have been so much worse. Glad you came out of it well enough all considered.
Hope the shoulder heals asap.

Come to think on it, now you've seen your team in action from the other side, so to speak, you have a unique perspective on performance :)

atb,
Toddy

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Was the tree OK!?

Goes to show that even well trained and prepared experts can get into trouble. Glad you're around to tell the tale

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Nothing to feel humiliated about , everyone has accidents and by the account you help in your own rescue!!

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
^
Those trees. They just come out of nowhere, especially when you are MB'ing :)

It takes a big man to make a post like that Shingsowa, I'm glad you are OK.

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
Glad to see you're ok mate and I'm impressed you managed to do so much to help yourself out of the situation. Although I imagine you got some stick from the team once they knew you were ok :) One of Brecon mob took a tumble down a hill and split his helmet on a tree 10m later on a search a few months ago. Once we got him in the vac mat the p*ss taking began in ernest!

Shingsowa

Forager
Sep 27, 2007
Ruthin, North Wales
Ah well, you see those trees can come out of nowhere...

Riding down a 'locals trail' through Clocaenog forest and the front wheel got bogged down and threw me over the bars, into a tree root.

It was an interesting experience being on the receiving end of things for a change, although i was told off by my team-mates for trying to run the job whilst also being the casualty...

What isn't mentioned in the article is that when I set the smoke flare off I accidentally shot myself in the leg! Nice big bruise...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE