Footwear - what do you go for?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

george

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
N.W. Highlands (or in the shed!)
I've been using Lundhags for years and love them to bits - especially for bogtrotting stuff.

The beauty of them is that they dont have a padded lining, so if they get wet you can take off your wet socks wipe out the inside of the boot put dry socks on and no more wet feet. Great if you're out for several days at a time - if you were using alpine boots then once the lining is wet you've got wet feet until you can dry the lining out - in some weather that could take days!

I've had my current pair resoled twice and haven't had a problem with wear on the rubberised foot - they get used maybe 100 days a year.

I'd recommend them to anyone who isn't looking to use them in the high hills (obviously alpine boots are best there) but who needs a solid reliable pair of wilderness boots.

George

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I always wanted a set of Lundhags but never got around to getting a pair. They always seemded like a super pair of boots but (and I might be wrong on this) they always seemed like cold weather boots.

JohnB said:
Does anyone have experience of Lundhags boots (rubberized foot)? I think they'd be pretty good in the peat bogs near where I live, but I don't know how resilient the rubber would be to scuffing on rough Millstone Grit.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
rather tatty merrel chameleons here too. very comfy indeed. i'm not so keen on the bungee lacing system.

cheers, and.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE