Food shortage again?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bearbait

Easter eggs? Is it Easter already? Doesn't time fly.! :)
This time last year we were just entering a lockdown, and now we are just about to come out of lockdown.
I bought myself 3 large bars of chocolate, only £3 and I got more than double the amount of chocolate that you get in an egg of the same price.
I'm having a chocolate pig out ! But then I am rather partial to the stuff. It might last me two days if I'm lucky!

There was an article in yesterday's Grauniad: "What to do with leftover chocolate". An oxymoron if I've ever heard one!

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
There was an article in yesterday's Grauniad: "What to do with leftover chocolate". An oxymoron if I've ever heard one!
Some Survival ex purt informed me you could polish the concave base of a aluminum can with chocolate to make a signal mirror. I replied ' sonny, if I had a coke and chocolate I'd consume both while figuring out where I took that wrong turn at Albuquerque.' Poor soul never watched Bugs Bunny

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Some Survival ex purt informed me you could polish the concave base of a aluminum can with chocolate to make a signal mirror. I replied ' sonny, if I had a coke and chocolate I'd consume both while figuring out where I took that wrong turn at Albuquerque.' Poor soul never watched Bugs Bunny
Everybody should get the opportunity to learn about classical opera fro a cross dressing rabbit

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
Over here the pandemic threw a big monkeywrench in the supply chain. When restaurants closed a whole lot of food processed for that market was unsuitable for most retailers except the bulk chains.
Meat processors also rather callously pushed their immigrant workforce to even faster processing times without any protective gear or protocols and many died. Same thing in the factory farms. For a while nobody was buying livestock except the massive factory pig farms owned by China and largely for that market. The livestock industry slaughtered most of our herds without a market. discontinued cuts of meat are just now getting back on the shelves with increased prices. With other global factors food will become ever more dear.
I'm not a prepper, and for ethical and health reasons cut back on my meat and fish consumption anyway. My stimulus cheque is FINALLY coming on the seventh. I have a Carinthia Finnish M 05 bag #1on my shopping list.
# 2 I am 'prepping for the future' using G.K. Chesterton's purest form of vegetarianism; 6 bottles of Lagavulin 16 year. few cases of digestives from my Indian grocer and I'm good for awhile.
So long as I got tea bags & milk I’m ok.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE